The Pig, a Pork-Centric Tavern on 14th and N Street near Logan Circle - Chef Michael Bonk Steps In for Garret Fleming

I don't think The Pig near Logon Circle has ever been mentioned on this forum, and it certainly deserves to be. +1 and I were very impressed by our meal here last night. The food and drinks here are delicious, with lots of interesting dishes to reward adventurous eaters. The price point is really good for the quality and quantity. The service is good and noise level is acceptable for normal conversation, even with a full dining room.

We liked everything we tried, but our favorites were braised pork cheek, wild boar ragu, beef heart tartare, and the mac & cheese.

A little more digging into the topic suggest that The Pig's membership in the EatWell Group may be the reason that it's overlooked. I haven't eaten at any other the other EatWell establishments, so I'm not sure how it compares to those allegedly mediocre places. But our dinner last night was terrific and I'm looking forward to a quick return to try the rest of the menu.

I had dinner here a couple of weeks ago with three others and agree with Astrid that it's a good addition very much worth visiting. One of the posts I should have made and haven't. We also really enjoyed the cheek, boar ragu, mac & cheese and a few other things I can't recall. If I can find the itemized receipt I brought home, I'll try to reprise something more worthy of posting with a bit more detail but, for now, would just encourage others to give The Pig a try. Thumbs up here.

I ate at The Pig a month or two ago; meant to post about it; guess I forgot to. I particularly enjoyed the crispy pork shank with board mac and cheese, and the greens, and was impressed that the chef refused to send out an order of sub-par scrapple despite my friend's begging with the waitress. Most of the dishes are "small plate" sized; the few main-course sized dishes are listed under "Supper".