A-Nine Daniela Peruvian Restaurant - Pollo a la Brasa on Backlick Road in Springfield - Closed

The national dish of Springfield appears to be rotisserie chicken. The new (4 months old) A-Nine is a fine addition to that trend. The spare restaurant is in the plaza across from Mike's, in the place that Royal Court Barbecue used to occupy.

I just polished off half a chicken, and it was succulent. Standard white and green sauces gave it a nice kick, and sides of beans, rice, plantains and salad were unspectacular but good. I would definitely return, and next time I'll pay attention to the daily specials. There was a green noodles dish accompanying a nice little steak on the specials board today, and it looked quite appetizing.

6133B Backlick Rd.
(703) 992-9003

Sadly, this place is shuttered....as is Kate's Irish Pub in the same plaza....

From what I can tell, this space is going to be a Viva Tequila! (there are several Viva Tequila! locations in Northern Virginia). This will not fertilize our culinary landscape.

Actually, it will (and I'll leave it at that!)

post-2-0-26290400-1428292172_thumb.png

The national dish of Springfield appears to be rotisserie chicken. The new (4 months old) A-Nine is a fine addition to that trend. The spare restaurant is in the plaza across from Mike's, in the place that Royal Court Barbecue used to occupy.

Bruce, I think this space used to also be a Korean restaurant called Saeng Gal Be, which was open in 2008 - do you know which came first, that, or Royal Court Barbecue?