Thank-You Dinner for Business Colleagues Coming from Fairfax

Soup

I wanted to thank some of the folks I work with (and their spouses) so I have invited out them for dinner. However, the place I was thinking of seem un-inspired (chain type steak house in tyson's). I think if when there, folks will be happy but wife suggested perhaps I ask the folks on this board.

I'm trying to show some appreciation for folks who really help me out at work (along with the spouse). Price is not a big deal. We'd like a really nice dining experience (I don't want a quick sit down meal of app, main dessert and they rush you out). Most of the folks are coming from fairfax area. like to keep the driving under 45 minutes.

Any recs.

PassionFish in Reston Town Center would be a nice choice for this in the general area. Gets very good reviews from the most important, most credible and most substantive online source. It's a fancier, more elegant place with very good seafood. Runs somewhat expensive but your group would surely feel appreciated. I've done a similar dinner there with about a dozen people and had very good results. We didn't use or need a separate room. They simply blocked off a couple of larger tables for us at the far end of the restaurant and we were able to talk easily. You'd obviously need to book in advance.

I wanted to thank some of the folks I work with (and their spouses) so I have invited out them for dinner. However, the place I was thinking of seem un-inspired (chain type steak house in tyson's). I think if when there, folks will be happy but wife suggested perhaps I ask the folks on this board.

I'm trying to show some appreciation for folks who really help me out at work (along with the spouse). Price is not a big deal. We'd like a really nice dining experience (I don't want a quick sit down meal of app, main dessert and they rush you out). Most of the folks are coming from fairfax area. like to keep the driving under 45 minutes.

Any recs.

Was it Chima, Fleming's, Capital Grille, JR's Stockyards Inn, or The Palm?

Surprise! There are fully *five* steakhouses in Tysons Corner.

Go to Nostos before any of them. I had dinner there last Friday night, and it was my second-best of three meals there. Make *sure* to call for a reservation for a large party. It's your best best in Tysons Corner for a non-chain restaurant.

Better still might be Villa Mozart in old town Fairfax for white-tablecloth Italian.

2941 is also an excellent choice in the area for a business dinner, *and* they run specials on Savored.com which can save you up to 30%.

If your business associates can handle Korean, Woo Lae Oak is a wonderful locale which includes mild Korean barbecue.

If it's an older clientele, think about Da Domenico.

This free piece of advice has been brought to you by the biggest sap who's ever lived. It took me about 45 seconds to write.

Woo Lae Oak in the last two years hasn't seemed to have as much of the polish that it had 4-5 years ago. Otoh, it is the site of the long-departed steakhouse Sam and Harry's, so definitely has the space and ambiance to host a business dinner.

My personal preference would be for 2941.

It would be hard to improve on any of these recommendations, and I second the nominations of 2941, Vermilion and Cafe Mozart.

If it was me, I would choose the little side room to the left of the entrance at Cafe Renaissance in Vienna. You won't get a more gracious treatment anywhere, and you can probably arrange to have the room all to yourself. I will also point out that you'll be able to converse easily with your guests.