• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tweaked

Tweaked

Hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Wash Post with the Sunday magazine profile.
Meat is Murder...Tasty Tasty Murder

#2 B.A.R.

B.A.R.

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Wash Post with the Sunday magazine profile.

I read this today, thought it was from Wednesday's Food Section, and thought, "This is the longest food Section article I have ever read!" :)

Brian Reymann
I'm in the business but content here solely my own and is not associated with my employer at all.

Sometimes, I try to disassociate myself from my own opinions.

#3 thistle

thistle

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

It was a good article, though- sounds like he might be a real competitor, especially with that level of attention to detail.

#4 Bart

Bart

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

The competition is over and the USA didn't place.  Is this an epic fail given all the prep and time and money and effort that went into it, or a BS contest where the fix was in?  Thomas Keller was tweeting before during and after the event and while Keller always nice and professional, a lot of commenters replying to his posts said things like "big surprise, France won again" or "fixed" or sometinng along those lines.

So is this thing a vanity project for France or a real competition?

#5 dcandohio

dcandohio

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

I don't know how much direct influence Rosendale has on banquet food at the Greenbrier, but at a recent wedding the food, presented beautifully, was completely forgettable. When Rosendale made his brief attempt at a restaurant in the Columbus market (Rosendale's, now defunct), we were stunned at how gorgeous presentations of expensive ingredients could be so flavorless. The food was lovely and tasteless. (He had a great bar in there, though, with an awesome group of employees). I wonder if Mr. Rosendale is all flash and no flavor?

Shut up and pour another glass of wine, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users