"All We Can Eat" Blog Shutting Down

SeanMike

I am genuinely sorry to hear this, and Tim's anguished writing in this column was palpable. I do agree with the Post that throwing 1,000 blogs at a problem isn't the solution, and I hope that they can focus and regroup.

For years now, I have said, over, and over, and over again: without our members, this website is worth nothing. And these aren't just empty words - I mean them from both my heart and my head, and I will continue to say them, loudly.

If Metrocurean and All We Can Eat can't make a living as a pure blog, nobody can. If it was just me speaking here, I'd end up being a one-armed man clapping in a dark room. It is *our members* that are important; not me.

If Metrocurean and All We Can Eat can't make a living as a pure blog, nobody can.

All We Can Eat isn't a "pure blog." Totally different from DR.com, it's an offering from a (relatively) well funded publicly-traded company. I worry WaPo has no idea what impact its different blogs and online offerings have on its current and future financial outcomes. They may. Just not sure how sophisticated their analytics and research on things like this. As a whole, I'm quite certain WaPo could be much more successful and sustainable than it is currently. Won't belabor that more other than to say the passing of All We Can Eat isn't just a sad decision. I suspect it's also a very questionable business decision.