Red Sauce Italian Restaurant for Grandfather's 90th Birthday - 15 People

AlexC

Baltimore-loving DR faithful,

Through a strange twist of participant availability and geographic convenience, my entire extended family is meeting in Baltimore this May, to celebrate the 90th birthday of my grandfather.

He's on old Jew from Southern Jersey and loves basic Italian cuisine -- lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, etc.

So, I'm looking for the best spot for 15 of us to reserve a big table and give Grandpa a plate (or two) of what he loves.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Alex

Amicci's (website), Chiapparelli's and Sabatino's (website) in Little Italy would all be decent bets I'm guessing. Doesn't seem like Aldo's goes a more classic route with their menu. There's other restaurants in the area too that are easily able to be located but at a quick glance I didn't see any basic lasagnas/spaghettis etc on the menu but I very well could have missed them.

Then if there's room- Vaccaro's for dessert.

I haven't been to any of those restaurants in years or at all, but its a starting point to hold you over and see if anybody else pops in with anything within the next four months.

(For extremely less formal occasions if this topic ever comes up again I might suggest Tutti Gusti in Canton)

He's an old Jew from Southern Jersey and loves basic Italian cuisine -- lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, etc.

Not sure why this made me chuckle, but it did.

You *have* to go somewhere in Little Italy, and make sure (in advance) that the owner is there to fawn over him.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those meals you'll always remember. Get party hats!

My parents would have been 90 this May, and damn I wish I had the chance to do this for them.