Jolie Feuille - Celia Laurent-Ziebold's Artistic Collages from Antique French Newspapers

I personally don't own a camera, and only on rare occasions take photos of anything, food or otherwise.

Did have an inspiring dish the other day that caused me to want to take a photo:

attachicon.gifIMAG0766-1.jpg

Had this at a Jolie Feuille gallery viewing just the other day. Absolutely delicious.

Only problem is that the 'restaurant' only has seating for 4 ppl. (6 if they're very friendly)

They're only open sometimes on Sundays and Mondays

They don't take reservations.

And they don't accept cash. (payment is only accepted in the form of a shared bottle of wine)

Besides the great dish, it's nice that if you're willing to jump through all of the reservation/payment hoops they're very accomodating when it comes to taking photos. (granted there was only 1 other person in the "dining room", but she didn't seem to mind.)

Not only have I been to this "restaurant" which celebrated the Grand Opening of Jolie Feuille, I'm proud to say that I was Jolie Feuille's first customer, ever!

For those of you who haven't yet met Celia Laurent-Ziebold, she's currently the GM of Sou'Wester, and has recently decided to take the plunge and put her artistic talents to work at Jolie Feuille ("Pretty Paper" in English) - beautiful little collages which Celia makes from antique French newspapers - she sees potential beauty and greatness in things many people would overlook and discard, and has the ability to turn them into precious little artistic jewels - not unlike what she did with her husband.

Not only was I Jolie Feuille's first customer, I also put in two custom orders in for Valentine's Day. They make perfect presents, and are surprisingly inexpensive considering the thought and craft that goes into making them. Count me as a repeat customer and a fan.

Celia is not only artistic, she apparently has also inherited her lovely mother's cooking skills (refer to Eric's picture up above). Here is a picture of Celia and her charming mom, whom I had the privilege of meeting the last time I was in France:

post-2-0-39981200-1359296778_thumb.jpg

The works of Jolie Feuille can be found at the artists' co-op website, etsy.com, specifically at http://www.etsy.com/shop/JolieFeuille (notice the prices which are remarkably reasonable). Guys, if you get stuck for a last-minute gift, here's where to turn (you'll be in the doghouse if you show up with a box of Whitman's Samplers, and definitely *do* *not* do what I did!) B)

• Like 1