Dining near Inner Harbor

We're going to a concert at Rams Head Live on a Monday (Power Plan in the Inner Harbor)....I'm not a fan of all the chain restaurants that populate the area - anyone have a suggestion of someplace that might be tasty on a Monday night for a couple of folks in jeans?

---

[The following posts have been split into separate threads:

Matthew's Pizza (frogprince)

Pratt Street Ale House (Rovers2000)

Phillips Seafood (daveo)

Sullivan's Steakhouse (Tujague)]

Edited by DonRocks

I'm fine with the hijacking! ANd thanks for the tips...

[ideally, I'd like to have a "Dining at Inner Harbor" thread (which non-foodie tourists would love), and a "Dining near Inner Harbor" thread (which foodie tourists would love), but that would just be a matter of having enough posts to make each meaningful.]

So if my geography is correct, the National Aquarium in Baltimore is near the Inner Harbor. Heading down there in a few weeks for a spring break outing. I'd like to find somewhere we could have an early dinner on Monday before heading back down 95. BLKindergartner is open to most foods. I'd like not to break the bank. Any ideas? Thanks!

I went to the National Aquarium with the toddler yesterday, just he and I. Bagby's Pizza Company (same restaurant group as 10/10 and Fleet Street) hit the right vibe for us for lunch. Super close to the harbor, good food, and super casual atmosphere. I shared with him the cheeseburger (which comes with bacon and cheddar cheese) and he ate it up.

It is counter service where they hand you a number and deliver it to you so be ready to grab a seat (the same system as Hell Burger). It seemed pretty busy at lunch.

Going to be at the Harbor next week with a large group. I think 10, including a 7-year-old who is a bit of a picky eater, and a couple of seniors who are probably not much better. I love the suggestions above for Harbor East, but I'm betting that they will get rejected on 1) cuisine and 2) price.

Should I just take them to Amicci's in Little Italy?

Maybe I can talk everyone into a water taxi - where would we do well in Fells Point or Canton?

Thames St Oyster House may be a bit spiiff-er, then again Johnny Rad's in Canton will most defintiely be too low brow; Mathew's is the solution, though it aint on the water...(but is a quick cab/bus ride from Fells)

Jimmy's on the Square (downtown Fells) would satisfy just bout any cranky/picky diner; superlative crab cakes, real crab soup, authentic scrapple plus anything else in the american canon. It aint a restaurant though, its a diner- a damn fine at that.e

Have heard pleasant enough things from family folks bout John Shields' joint in the museum downtown (edit: thinking of the b&o brasserie) but aint tried it myself.

I'll be staying at the Inner Harbor during the next two nights, and I need help in terms of dining. Where should I dine? Charleston? Anywhere in Little Italy? Greektown on Eastern Avenue? It doesn't need to be fancy, but it needs to be good - tomorrow (Saturday), and the next day (Sunday) would be of great help - can anyone come up with suggestions?

I've been to Matthew's Pizza twice recently, so I'm somewhat Matthew's-Pizza'd out - Price isn't an issue IF it's rocking-good, but I'd rather pay $50 a person for great Greek cuisine than $150 a person for mediocre upscale dining.

Taken directly from another forum of Baltimore locals I asked:

---

Also in Little Italy, Germano's, La Tavola, and Gia's are also good.

In Little Italy, Aldo's is excellent, but pricey.

Samos is good. But it's BYOB, which may possibly be problematic for a tourist.

Also good in Greektown are Ikaros and Zorba's.

I second Zorbas and Germanos and 

Amiccis

Rye Street Tavern can be hit or miss. I was there twice. It’s always crowded, but I wasn’t really impressed. Local bloggers seem to love it. Word is the fried chicken is good.

Charleston is a sure thing. Ekiben is awesome, but very tiny. Grab & go. Get the yardbird, and the tofu bun! 

Thames St Oyster House is a sure thing as well. 

Curious to hear where you dine.

Hersh's and Thames St Oyster House are sure things. I've heard good things about the pastas at Tagliata. Ekiben, Kippo Ramen, and Tortilleria Sinaloa for cheap eats around Fells, Pop Tacos in Fed Hill. Chez Hugo and Puerto 511 are good bets downtown.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 7:13 PM, DonRocks said:

Much obliged to these fine answers so far - I think it's going to be Thames Street Oyster House tonight, hoping we can squeeze into the bar.

One restaurant that interests me (but not in Inner Harbor) is Rye Street Tavern (in Federal Hill).  It was featured in a recent Zimmern’s List.  

And the next evening, we had Sunday Supper at the Rye Street Tavern.