Barfly's, Owner Michael Leeds at 620 E. Fort Avenue in Federal Hill - a Similar Pizza Recipe to Matthew's, but With Over 200 Whiskeys

I stopped by this evening to try their pizza, and indeed, it is very similar to Matthew's pizza's thick crust 10 inch style. I would also add, I think Barfly's is an improvement on Matthew's style. The crust was not at all soggy and they have more interesting toppings available.

• Like 1

I swung by last night. They had eight taps or so I believe, but it was a solid collection - good mix of local brews and various microbrews. They had a bunch of bottles available for selection too, probably thirty. Not bad for a relatively small bar/restaurant like that. I had a Green Flash West Coast IPA and a Hot and Spicy Pizza Pie, which lived up to its name. I'd agree with 1000yregg above, the crust had a nice crunch to it and the flavors on the pizza were quite good. It was a slow night thanks to the holidays, the bartenders/(owner?) heard us talking about beer and chatted with us for a bit, he was quite friendly and enthusiastic when we discussed BCBS (not on tap). They claim that their pretzels are a specialty, but they were out of them last night. A lot of the other pizzas sounded good and my friend's Ham and Cheese Pizza Pie looked good, we were both satisfied. I hope to explore more of their menu in the future.

One of the owners must loooove whiskey, because they now have 200+ bottles available at any one time. Not much has changed with the food (the pizza is all very delicious, but the sandwiches can be hit or miss), but the whiskey selection might be the best in Baltimore.