VBT Administrative Announcements

PappyVanWise

When your beer tasting host uses the nom de plume VikingJew, you can expect Passover to be a difficult week to hold a tasting.  So rather than debating the kashrut laws of Pear Cider, let's take this week to try the beers we've already tasted that you might have missed. Or if someone else would like to nominate something, please post a topic and let us know.

For those of you that like to work ahead, the next beer I'd like everyone to pick up rhymes with Schmell's SchmOberon.  I highly recommend picking up a six pack or finding it on tap to enjoy during Opening Day (or during a night game on April 2nd for those observing Passover).

Hello to everyone who is still checking in with this forum. At the end of April I moved to Richmond. Although it is only 90 miles away from my former home in Arlington, the beer market is completely different. A quick trip through Whole Foods showed tons of new labels, and only a handful of familiar ones. So please, if you see something in your local market that you want to discuss with everyone...Post it and we'll try to find it.

If you have something in your fridge already, let us know and we'll drink it with you. I've found that in the summer I buy a lot of six packs, and have them brought over by friends, only to have one or two stragglers left in the fridge These solo guys are perfect for tastings. If you look in your fridge, see one lone bottle staring back at you, post about it.

That being said, I think I found something to post about for this weekend, so stay tuned!

Thanks,

Eric

Hello to everyone who is still checking in with this forum. At the end of April I moved to Richmond. Although it is only 90 miles away from my former home in Arlington, the beer market is completely different. A quick trip through Whole Foods showed tons of new labels, and only a handful of familiar ones. So please, if you see something in your local market that you want to discuss with everyone...Post it and we'll try to find it.

If you have something in your fridge already, let us know and we'll drink it with you. I've found that in the summer I buy a lot of six packs, and have them brought over by friends, only to have one or two stragglers left in the fridge These solo guys are perfect for tastings. If you look in your fridge, see one lone bottle staring back at you, post about it.

That being said, I think I found something to post about for this weekend, so stay tuned!

Thanks,

Eric

Good! Now we can have a Richmond expert!

(Don't forget, Richmond restaurants get posted in the Washington, DC restaurant forum, so post away, and if we get enough, then who knows, one day little Richmond might have a forum of its own.)

Reading your post, I'm not sure exactly what you need done. Is there anything I can do to help?

Basically I was just asking someone to post a beer or two while I'm still opening boxes and unpacking, or message me a suggestion, and I'll post it.

My few trips to the store have shown a vastly different selection than what was available in Arlington, so I didn't want to pick things no one else could get.

I would suggest everyone look into Richmond's Hardywood Brewery, they are doing some interesting things. I don't think they are available retail around DC, but I saw a keg in the queue when I was last at Churchkey.

I'll post one today, since I have some time.