Oby Lee, Roastery, "Winery," and Creperie at Clarendon Centre - Washington Blvd. in Clarendon

Don, I was amazed to see that it got 48 reviews on Yelp in just a few months, but otherwise seemed totally under the radar. Anyone who visited Rehoboth Beach up till a couple of years ago could not have missed Oby Lee's coffee house -- it was right at the turn off from Route 1 onto Rehoboth Ave. There's another coffee place there now that is still good.

Don, I was amazed to see that it got 48 reviews on Yelp in just a few months, but otherwise seemed totally under the radar.

Clarendon is Yelp Central Station.

Anyone who visited Rehoboth Beach up till a couple of years ago could not have missed Oby Lee's coffee house -- it was right at the turn off from Route 1 onto Rehoboth Ave.

We can call the old place Oby I.

• Like 1

They have lots of by the glass wine pours too. I was there in the fall and had a veggie-laden quiche with a very flaky (even though reheated) crust. I liked it and made a mental note to go back, but I remember wishing they had wifi and a larger selection of sweet pastries to go with the coffee.

After reading the above posts, I stopped by Oby Lee this morning. The owner was just getting his Sticky Buns out of the oven (thanks for the tip, Twinsdaddy!), so i ordered a raisin bun and a latte. Great coffee and an outstanding sticky bun. While I was there I saw beautiful breakfast crepes being prepared, and will be back to order one soon. The decor is white and red, with lots of window light and a layout that makes a modest space seem roomy. No one has mentioned this yet, but Oby Lee is closed on Mondays so they can custom roast all their coffees, which are also available for sale by the bag.

There is a patio area that should get a lot of use this spring and summer, and a menu large enough to encourage a number of trips back to try out the various savory crepe combinations. The real suprise for me was seeing the 'wine fountain' on one side of the space. It's a circular freestanding station that allows you to self dispense about sixteen different wines from the enclosed bottles to a glass. There are three different volumes for each wine dispenser - you just press a button to choose between a tasting portion, a half or a full glass, with the price for each serving on the button itself.

This looks to be a great casual dining addition to the neighborhood.

TSchaad