Far East Taco Grille, Asian Taqueria (with Food Truck) at 15th and D Street NE

Does anyone have any information on either Tacos Impala or Chow?

They've both been dangling for quite awhile.

Last I heard on Impala (a couple of weeks ago so things could have slipped) was that it would be opening in May.

And I have no idea how far from opening they are, but Far East Taco on 15th Street just south of H has their sign up. I'll walk by and check out the building some time this week to see how close they look.

And I have no idea how far from opening they are, but Far East Taco on 15th Street just south of H has their sign up. I'll walk by and check out the building some time this week to see how close they look.

There has been no substantial news that I can find except for your post. Does anyone know how Far East Taco Grille is progressing in terms of opening their restaurant? People sure seem to enjoy their truck.

(Also, is 15th and D considered "H Street Corridor" or something else?)

I can't really comment on where they are. A sign went up probably two months ago, and I periodically see them do work on the site. But that's it, no real word recently on what's going on.

And I'd probably still call it "H Street Corridor". It's closer to H Street than to anything else.

I can't really comment on where they are. A sign went up probably two months ago, and I periodically see them do work on the site. But that's it, no real word recently on what's going on.

And I'd probably still call it "H Street Corridor". It's closer to H Street than to anything else.

One member wrote me and said the realtors call it "Hill East."

It is technically "Rosedale", but I don't think there are any restaurants in Rosedale except for takeout joints. So I wouldn't use that. "Hill East" is a term I usually see used for the more southeast portion of the Hill (where Wisdom, La Lomita and NY Pizza are), and as JoshNE states, there aren't really many places there. 

I can't for the life of me figure out when they're open. My neighbors went a few weeks ago, so I know that they are at least sporadically serving food to customers, but I've tried to go twice, and have found them completely closed both times.  What is clear is that the hours posted on their website aren't accurate. Also clear, I may not ever eat there until I can know when they're actually open. 

I can't for the life of me figure out when they're open. My neighbors went a few weeks ago, so I know that they are at least sporadically serving food to customers, but I've tried to go twice, and have found them completely closed both times.  What is clear is that the hours posted on their website aren't accurate. Also clear, I may not ever eat there until I can know when they're actually open. 

I haven't tried going yet, but the hours they've posted on twitter differ somewhat from the hours on the website.  Most days it looks like they're not opening until 4 PM (if you were going by based on the noon opening hours given for some days).

I finally actually made it to Far East Taco Grille when the were open today for lunch. Verdict? Not bad. Tacos are $8 for 3, and that's a fair value. They also have various bowls and burritos.  I had the Powerful Steak, Bang Tang Chicken and Spicy Flying Pig, with the Salsa Roja, Kimchi-Lime style. I liked them, although I think if I went back I wouldn't go Kimchi-Lime (although I love kimchi and lime, it just sort of overpowered everything else in the taco.

The tortillas are pretty good, service was friendly but quite slow (and while there were people in there it wasn't exactly slammed). I got mine to go and they held up well, but there's also bar seating for probably about six or seven people. Beverage items are limited to some Juaritos sodas, Coke and diet Coke.

If I were to rank the food trucks turned brick and mortar restaurants on or near H Street right now I'd probably go 1. Chupacabra; 2. Far East Taco Grille; 3. Sol.

• Like 1