Dos Amigos, Owners Ricardo Arias and Hector Lobo's Tex-Mex near Braddock Road Metro in Alexandria

Grass Roots Station is closed.

There is an SUP application posted for a change of ownership to Dos Amigos Tex-Mex. The application includes a request for extended hours ('til 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday; 10:00 pm most other nights.

I have been into Dos Amigos several times over 6 months or so and I find it pretty darn good for such a small place. It seems to be a family business. Great, inexpensive food and good margaritas. My only complaint is that the margaritas are now in glasses smaller than when they opened.

Great place to go especially if you're near Braddock Metro.

Went tonight after a late visit to the Old Town Pool, which is about 5 blocks away. Went with a large group and have to say pretty solid for 'Americanized- Tex/Mex' flavors. Bottom line, I would take this over Los Tios in a heart beat, not nearly as heavy, fresher ingredients and a good atmosphere.

On 5/13/2013 at 10:15 PM, jondagle said:

I have been into Dos Amigos several times over 6 months or so and I find it pretty darn good for such a small place. It seems to be a family business. Great, inexpensive food and good margaritas. My only complaint is that the margaritas are now in glasses smaller than when they opened.

Great place to go especially if you're near Braddock Metro.

15 hours ago, Josh Radigan said:

Went tonight after a late visit to the Old Town Pool, which is about 5 blocks away. Went with a large group and have to say pretty solid for 'Americanized- Tex/Mex' flavors. Bottom line, I would take this over Los Tios in a heart beat, not nearly as heavy, fresher ingredients and a good atmosphere.

[I had Dos Amigos rated *way* too low in Old Town; thanks to your posts, not any longer.]

Over the years I've posted almost never, but read all the time.  I live in Del Ray and will always pick Dos Amigos over the other family Mexican place in the neighborhood.  I thought it was a stretch when a friend visiting from Germany ordered a burger.  Now when I order, I have a double issue, Tex-Mex or burger!  It's my walk-to place.

On a side note.  I discovered the Del Ray neighborhood over 30 years ago because of Los Amigos on Mount Vernon Ave (current location of  Rosemarino d'Italia).  What fond memories of inexpensive chips and salsa, pitchers of Margarita's and live music on the weekend  -- the good ol' days.