Akshaya, Chefs Karthik Rangaswamy and Gopi Kuppuswamy's Indo-Chinese in Sterling - Closed

I've been here a handful of times and Tim's article on this place is spot on. In general, I have a preference for the vegetarian dishes here. I've gone mostly with my Indian friend at work and I've left it to her to do the ordering.

When you go here there are two definites to order every time, one is the incredible paper dosa, and two is the manchurian cauliflower. The paper dosa is as Tim describe, crispy and delicious. Ask for the masala on the side instead of folded inside the dosa to preserve the crisp. The manchurian cauliflower is fried breaded chunks of cauliflower tossed in sauce, most comparable to what you would see with something liek General Tsos chicken.

The naan as well is fantastic. My friend has been a fan of the curry chicken and chicken kondapur. I thought they were good, but I am always in a veg mood when I go here.

Less inspiring was the mumbai chili chicken and the hakka noodles. They weren’t bad, but not nearly at the level of the dishes above. And with the giant size of the menu, there is quite a bit to go through yet. Oh and we have not found the spiciness levels that spicy, I don’t know if they have toned down but they were right at an appropriate level for us.

As far as the setting it is definitely not much to look at from the outside or inside. Its dark on the inside with bollywood blaring on the single TV in the main dining area. It’s not dirty or anything in fact I prefer this setting to the often too slick and clean newer places that have been coming up lately. At lunch there is always a large number of Indians that frequent the restaurant and almost everybody goes to the buffet, which looks quite good but I have yet to try.

All in all a big thumbs up, and def worth a visit if you are in the Sterling area.

I've been here a handful of times and Tim's article on this place is spot on. In general, I have a preference for the vegetarian dishes here. I've gone mostly with my Indian friend at work and I've left it to her to do the ordering.

All in all a big thumbs up, and def worth a visit if you are in the Sterling area.

Good enough for me, and it has to start somewhere. Italic!