952 replies to this topic

#951 Pat

Pat

clownfish

• Membership Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

I'm looking for some email help. In particular, if anyone out there has done the following, and can help us out with a little volunteer work, please contact me via PM:

1) Setting up a new email account on Gmail.

2) Transferring an existing (soon to be deleted) email account's contents into the Gmail account.

3) Forwarding new incoming email into the Gmail account, setting up pointers, etc.

4) Sending email from the Gmail account as a different address (the reverse of 3)).

5) Explaining it all to me (this will be the most challenging part).

There would need to be a privacy statement signed, so please know that before saying yes. I can't pay you, but will give you a little token of my appreciation.   :)

Is #2 even possible? I'd love to know if it is...

Yes.  There is a link in the settings for doing that.

#952 Pool Boy

Pool Boy

DC Crüdite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:05 AM

I don't know if anyone has ever brought this up before, but I think the order of cities listed under Hamtrak should be:

DC

Baltimore

Philly

NYC

Isn't putting NYC at the top indicative of an inferiority complex?  :wacko:

I agree. BTW, why is it called Hamtrack???!?!

Food.Wine.Cats.Hawaiian Shirts.Travel.Art.Music.

#953 squidsdc

squidsdc

ika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:44 AM

I was just doing a very similar thing today, 8 times over, plus with a few more complicated steps. Took about 10 hours. My project also involved Gmail. While I came through it, hopefully, pretty successfully, I don't think I'd be the one to handle the whole thing without someone else's guidance. :blink:

I am not IT by any means, but have just enough knowledge to get through. So if you do need some input I'd be happy to contribute, as I did learn some valuable steps in how to do our move. We just moved to Hostgator--hope that won't be a mistake as I hadn't heard much about them. So glad we decided against Dreamhost though, based on what you've posted!

• DonRocks likes this

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain"--The Great Oz

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Administrative Announcement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users