901 replies to this topic

#901 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,129 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

I just timed how long it takes for View New Content to load-- 57.82 seconds.

This is just not acceptable. I don't know why this *never* happens to me to this extent (and I even switched recently from Safari to Chrome). It "sticks" sometimes for a few seconds, but I almost never get endless waits that others sometimes report.

I put a problem ticket in this morning - I'll see what they say, but I think the time has come to get on a private server. Once I do that, it will be extremely fast - this website has just gotten too big.

And the damning thing is: it's not *that* big; it's just right at the border of needing a private server, and I think it's been that way for awhile now.

That said, did you really time this to the hundredth of a second?! :wacko:

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#902 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,129 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

I put a problem ticket in this morning - I'll see what they say, but I think the time has come to get on a private server. Once I do that, it will be extremely fast - this website has just gotten too big.

Okay, I heard back from Dreamhost. Now, all I have to do is figure out what "Apache" and "traceroute" are.

Um, hey mom and dad, you know that tuition money you spent on my MS in Computer Science? Right. Me neither.

---

Hi Don,

Thank you for contacting DreamHost support.

I've taken a look at your situation, and your web server and MySQL servers look to be in good shape and their recent history looks strong as well. It does look like there was an issue with the Apache service your sites are hosted on, I restarted the service and it cleared up the issue with your apache.

If you are still seeing issues with the site please try clearing your browsers cache and flushing the DNS.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Clear_cache
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Flush_DNS

If that doesn't work, please send us a traceroute.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Traceroute

If the issues continue and you see any errors still popping up, please let me know the details and we'll continue investigating!

Thanks!
Justin H

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Administrative Announcement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users