Saturday Lunch Between the Barnes Collection and Center City

LauraB

I would love some suggestions for lunch on a Saturday in early October.  Four of us have tickets in the early afternoon to the Barnes Foundation on Benjamin Franklin Parkway and want to have an early lunch (11:30) somewhere between there and our hotel in Center City near Rittenhouse Square.  Would prefer a casual sit-down place.

Would also like recommendations for dinner on Saturday night.  Our favorite restaurant in Philly is Amada, we've been numerous times.  We've also been to Zahav and Cochon recently.  We're looking to branch out with some place new to us.  I should, perhaps, mention that on the Friday night of that weekend we are going to Vedge, the extremely popular vegan restaurant on Locust Street because our daughter really wants to dine there.  We're fine with that, as it gets great reviews.  Our daughter is not vegan or vegetarian, just fascinated with vegetarian food.

I would love some suggestions for lunch on a Saturday in early October.  Four of us have tickets in the early afternoon to the Barnes Foundation on Benjamin Franklin Parkway and want to have an early lunch (11:30) somewhere between there and our hotel in Center City near Rittenhouse Square.  Would prefer a casual sit-down place.

Would also like recommendations for dinner on Saturday night.  Our favorite restaurant in Philly is Amada, we've been numerous times.  We've also been to Zahav and Cochon recently.  We're looking to branch out with some place new to us.  I should, perhaps, mention that on the Friday night of that weekend we are going to Vedge, the extremely popular vegan restaurant on Locust Street because our daughter really wants to dine there.  We're fine with that, as it gets great reviews.  Our daughter is not vegan or vegetarian, just fascinated with vegetarian food.

I'm sorry nobody answered this. :( I think things would be different today - this was posted right before we started a separate forum (I think).

this is way too late, i know, but maybe it will help someone in the future-- last summer we went to the Barnes and had lunch at pizzeria vetri. literally just a few blocks away (walkable) and tasty albeit totally casual and i doubt they take reservations.

also, not that close to the barnes and rittenhouse, but not that far either, is dizengoff, where you get bowls of the zahav hummus with pita and toppings. quite tasty, but my fave thing to do there is to get a quart of hummus and some pita to go (but you have to order it 24 hours ahead)

I'm sorry nobody answered this. :( I think things would be different today - this was posted right before we started a separate forum (I think).

It turned out fine, Don. Pizzeria Vetri had recently opened basically across the street from the Barnes, so we had lunch there.  It was a great choice. I wrote a post about it in the Philadelphia thread.

• Like 1