JPW

Dinner - The Polyphonic Food Blog

ktmoomau   
On 7/18/2017 at 4:54 PM, astrid said:

Costco is currently selling a compact set also made by Oxo.  Really like it so far.

I looked at that for my tiny condo kitchen and wondered, other small ones, I have not had good experiences with.

astrid   

It's Costco, so you could try it out and return it if you don't like it.  I will say that the optimal use is making zucchini noodles and it doesn't handle carrots or any other veggies so well.  I like it because it's sharp and stores safely and small.

astrid   
23 hours ago, astrid said:

It's Costco, so you could try it out and return it if you don't like it.  I will say that the optimal use is making zucchini noodles and it doesn't handle carrots or any other veggies so well.  I like it because it's sharp and stores safely and small.

Though it might be too small for a lot of applications, it was a tight fit for a large-ish, but nowhere near baseball bat size zucchini, I imagine it would be too small for potatoes, beets, etc.

Zucchini noodles are excellent tossed with sesame oil, fish sauce, red wine vinegar, and a dusting of Penzey's smoked paprika.

Last night I made a Thai chicken curry using prepared curry paste and light coconut milk.  I served it over riced cauliflower, which I had stir fried in a bit of olive oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce. 

Pat   

Thin baguette slices, buttered, with leftover salmon, sliced cheddar, and thin cucumber rounds.

Pat   

Heirloom tomato stuffed with salmon salad (leftover salmon, mayo, horseradish mustard)
Pecan brownie

• Like 1

ktmoomau   

Sunday night I made garden rolls from Charles Pham's cookbook and I followed the recipe 85% (didn't have the pork, so used ground pork, didn't make the homemade mayo, used Duke's and fried shallots).  We also had some pan fried dumplings.  Very tasty, although I kept getting tears in my paper.  When you have the ingredients for these, they are such a great easy dinner.

Pat   

Salad (romaine, radicchio, cucumber, radishes, hard-boiled eggs, tomato, chickpeas, red bell pepper, diced cheddar; champagne-caper vinaigrette)
Stir-fried marinated tofu, broccoli, peanuts, and brown rice-millet ramen, with marinating liquid (soy sauce, etc.) and peanut butter