Sbraga, Chef Kevin Sbraga's Modern American on the Avenue of the Arts, Rittenhouse Square - Closed

Is Kevin Sbraga going to be opening an outpost of Sbraga in Washington, DC?

Source: Eater Philly

Eater DC is reporting that Philly Top Chef champ Kevin Sbraga is opening an outpost of Sbraga in the nation's capital. Apparently Sbraga & Co. are looking at sites in D.C. proper for the restaurant, with the hope of getting something signed before 2013 closes out. In the meantime, Sbraga is finishing up work on The Fat Ham, his ode to Southern cuisine in UCity.

Read full article >>

Really enjoyed our meal here on Friday. In the dining room the setup is four course tasting menu for $55, my understanding is that you can order a la carte at the bar. They start you off with a (gigantic) gruyere popover and foie gras soup. The four courses are appetizer, pasta, meat, dessert. I don't remember all of the specifics on what we had, but everything was at least very good, and service was also good. It also seemed like a very reasonable value at the time. I'd talk a bit more about specific dishes, but the menu online isn't exactly what we had, although I will say that both of our pasta courses, the risotto with peas and chanterelles and the rigatoni with pork shoulder were fantastic. 

Sorry this isn't more detailed, but my quick review is that it was good, and I wouldn't hesitate to return.