Need Two Private Rooms For 50 People, To Merge Afterwards As One Private Room for 100 People, 11/12/13

bettyjoan

A friend from Atlanta is hosting an event in DC in November, and here is her plea:

"Can you make 2-3 recommendations of places to hold an event with 100 people...50 people in each class then the two classes have a reception together at the end.  The most central location is best or a really popular one to draw a crowd.  A steakhouse or brewery would work."

Any thoughts?  I am not familiar at all with private room availability and capacity.  Thanks!

That is how I understood the request, but I am circling back and double-checking with my friend, just to be sure.

I know the date in question is November 12.  Thanks so much for your help in getting the word out!

1570/1600 on GRE Analytical+Logical. :)

No comment on my English score.  :unsure:  :(

540 if you must know, but I never read a book without Cliff Notes in my life until I was 23 and out of school, and even that was just "Old Man And The Sea." A Math Machine by nature; an English Nerd by nurture.

LOL...all I remember is that I hate hate HATED the logic portion of the LSAT.  Were it not for that portion of my score, I probably could have gotten into Harvard Law.  :D  I am an English nerd through and through.

My friend confirmed that setup would be ideal (though I'm sure she could work with a restaurant directly to hammer out any logistical issues).  She said someone recommended Ruth's Chris - I am certain that we can do better than that.

A friend of mine who used to host a lot of large events in DC wrote back with a surprising recommendation.  She said her search always started with Open Table.  She would choose "Large Party" for the date she was seeking, and then pared her list down from there.

A friend of mine who used to host a lot of large events in DC wrote back with a surprising recommendation.  She said her search always started with Open Table.  She would choose "Large Party" for the date she was seeking, and then pared her list down from there.

I just tried this for 11/12/13, and got some really good results back - I suspect it will take a few hours on the phone, but this is an excellent place to start.

If Crystal City is convenient, my sister is the events manager at the Ruth's Chris and can handle this.  They do banquets surprisingly well and the view is spectacular.  The restaurant is on the top floor of the office building across from Jaleo and overlooks the airport and monuments.  Her info is:

Kathy Boone
Sales Manager

2231 Crystal Drive 11th Floor
Arlington, VA 22202
(703) 979-7275 Telephone
(703) 625-6540 Cell
(703) 979-0367 Fax
salesarlington@ruthschris.com

[End of family shill.]