IndAroma and IndAroma XPress - Indian (with Bakery) on Little River Turnpike and Braddock Road in Annandale, and at GMU

I've not seen IndAroma mentioned here.  It is a small Indian restaurant/bakery in a strip mall at the Little River Turnpike-Braddock road intersection. (If you don't see it right away, it is next to the Five Guys hamburger joint.)  There is a small Indian grocery store next door.  It has a web page where you can find more information about it, including its menu. When you are there, go to the counter and order and pay for what you want.  Sit down at one of the tables, and when your order is ready they will bring it to the table.  For a recent meal two of us shared a tandoori chicken, a samosa chaat, and a chicken samosa. The samosas were very good, but the tandoori chicken was really excellent.  All three dishes were spicy; you can ask for a milder version if you want.

If anyone else has eaten I would be very interested in your opinion of the food.  To me it ranked with some of the best Indian food I have had in this area.

• Like 1

I've eaten here a few times and liked it. I usually get their bhindi masala and it's a good version. Not as "saucey" as some versions I've had, and I like that. Not too spicy either, but I usually ask for it to not be too spicy!

Their palak chaat is quite yummy as well, though I'm not a big fan of mango which they include (well, I'm not a big fan of mango, in truth).

i'm a huge fan, as are my indian parents, who often ask to be taken there when they visit. when we go, i stick to the street food dishes because those are hard to find other places whereas i can get biryani, palak paneer, etc, at lots of places. i've liked just about everything i've had, except the pani puri, which i find too sweet (but my family's from Calcutta, so i'm a pani puri snob, and don't like any of the versions available locally) and the gobi manchurian wrap (which i thought didn't have enough gobi, and what there was of it was sweetish rather than properly tangy).

My favorite is the frankie, and i love mango powder so i really like the palaak chat too. my other fave is the mysore coffee. sadly the machine was broken on my last few visits, but if you like coffee, you should get this--it's so strong, creamy and sweet, it's almost like melted high quality coffee ice cream.

i often go in, order carryout, then go to the store next door to load up on supplies and frozen foods, then return to get carryout, thus ensuring many meals of delicious indian food.

I stopped in today after a trip to the grocery next door and picked up a spicy order of aloo gobhi matar.  Delicious.  Wonderfully spiced, not greasy, freshly prepared, hot enough to make my nose run, but not hot enough to make me cry, simply delicious.  I don't know why we don't head here more frequently. 

Went here last night with five friends, one of whom said his Indian coworkers swore this was the best Indian food in the region.  Not hard to figure out why.  lperry's description above (" Wonderfully spiced, not greasy, freshly prepared, hot enough to make my nose run, but not hot enough to make me cry, simply delicious") is spot-on.  We probably ordered 15 dishes--all of them extremely flavorful.  The kitchen handled our large order with ease and the food came out in much less time than we expected.  The staff was friendly and didn't mind that we made a mess passing all the deliciousness around the table ("You're not the first one," the busboy said.)  The space was clean and welcoming, and the prices make it easy to go back often.  So we will.

I got carryout from there this weekend and enjoyed it; i wish i lived closer to this place. We had samosas (very good), okra, paneer mahkani, and naan. the naan was just ok-but the paneer mahkani as more complex than usual, with a nice hint of heat, and the okra was really good--i've had okra with pieces of tomato before, but this was okra in a tomato-onion sauce that complemented, but didn't overwhelm the carmelized/fried okra. also had a madras coffee which was, as usual, delicious and reminded me of melted coffee ice cream.