Fundraising Hosts - Restaurants or Bars

bettyjoan

My husband and I are fundraising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (through Team In Training - we will be running the Rock & Roll USA Marathon in March), and together our goal is to raise over $4,600.  I am a multiple-time cancer survivor, and Jason recently lost his grandmother to myeloma, so this organization and its research/services are extremely important to us.  We have been volunteering and fundraising for LLS for many years now, but this is our first training season in DC.

We are looking for restaurants/bars who are willing to work with us to host fundraising events.  We are open to anything, but typically we arrange a happy hour where either the restaurant/bar donates a portion of the proceeds for the evening, or we collect a cover charge and the restaurant/bar offers discounted items.

In addition to the above, we would love to organize a chili cook-off (since we are fundraising/training during winter), so we are looking for a location where we could plug in some crock-pots and also offer discounted drinks to go with the chili.  Bonus points if some local food personalities would be available to judge the chili!

At whatever events we organized, we would also need the ability to raffle off items and/or collect additional donations.  If any restaurant folks don't have the space but would like to contribute gift certificates, that is fantastic as well.

Please PM me with any leads - we are early in the planning stages, but after doing this a number of times, we definitely know how time can absolutely fly!  Thank you so much for anything you can do to help.

Shameless plug!  If anyone is interested in donating directly, the website is here: http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/rnrusa14/bettyrh

Betty  :D

Thank you so much for the suggestions.  We are doing our next event at our apartment club room (they agreed to waive the rental fee), since we wanted to  bring in our own food and drink.  However, depending on where we stand with our fundraising after that, I will definitely keep Radius in mind.  Public Bar was also suggested by a DR member.

Hi! I did a bunch of fundraisers last year for my LLS Woman of the Year campaign. Crystal City Sports Pub was fabulous and they offered alot of great discounts to my attendees. Also try A-Town in Arlington - Scott Parker is pretty awesome to work with. Most bars will work with you if you host your event before their busy time (9pm). I had alot of happy hours from 6-9pm and had no issues. Let me know if you're interested in some fundraising ideas. I raised over $59,000 in 10 years for my Woman of the Year campaign...it was a blast and learned alot about fundraising. Plus I'm a professional fundraiser. :-)