Jon Stewart Takes Down Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza vs. New York Pies

aaronsinger

Source: Grub Street New York

a_190x190.jpg

The news of One World Trade Center officially surpassing Chicago's Sears Tower as the tallest building in the country was quickly dispensed with on last night's The Daily Show (that is, around the 3:45-minute mark) to address a much more important facet of the rivalry between the two cities, that of its pizzas. Jon Stewart makes no bones about his feelings on that Windy City thing in a iron skillet masquerading as legitimate pizza ("like sex with a corpse made of sandpaper") to set the record straight once and for all: "Deep-dish pizza is not only not better than New ...

Read full article >>

Boo on you, Stewart.

What's funny about this is the idea that Chicago is full of deep dish pizza places, when I find it much easier to find good Chicago-style thin crust.

• Like 1

Source: Eater NY

mathieu-palombino-chicago-pizza.jpg

As a Pizza Week special chefs were asked to weigh in on Chicago Deep Dish, and whether or not the style can fit into the category of pizza. While Motorino's Mathieu Palombino voices a preference for simpler Neapolitan-style pizza, he ends up saying: "It's not for me to say it shouldn't be called pizza"¦Yes, it is a pizza. Because there are people who like it and like doing it." [EN]

Read full article >>

I am with Jon Stewart on this, yet strangely I find myself disagreeing with Justice Scalia.