J Brown Bakery, Baker Jae Lee's Korean Bakery on MacArthur Blvd in Cabin John - Closed

Stopped in yesterday afternoon.  It's a pretty little store, all sparkly and clean, with an astounding variety of baked goods in several different cases, some wrapped, some not... breads, pastries, cookies, cakes, doughnuts.  Some items are clearly Asian, some clearly French.  A few items were cut into pieces to sample; one was a bread with a green bean paste.  I asked if it was anything like the Chinese red bean paste, and the answer was "no", then one of the owners scurried into the back to get samples of those, warm from the oven. (To my Occidental palate there wasn't much difference.)

I also asked how much of the goods were baked in-house.  The answer was a wide, sweeping gesture.  "What, everything?!"  "Yes."

There's also a soft-serve machine, big carafes of brewed coffee, and an espresso machine.  The thought of having a decent espresso-based beverage available within trivial walking distance made my heart skip a beat, so I ordered a cappuccino.  Took a sip on the way out, then when I got home dumped the rest down the kitchen sink.

If the baked goods taste anywhere near as good as they look, this place should do a killer business.

If the baked goods taste anywhere near as good as they look, this place should do a killer business.

J Brown Bakery is one place I have yet to visit. porcupine, have you been back?

Their Facebook page is here, and it looks really good. A couple of the Korean bakeries in Annandale are really good, but this looks equally good.

J Brown Bakery is one place I have yet to visit. porcupine, have you been back?

Very infrequently, and not for a year at least.  Having a bakery within a five minute walk of my house is dangerous.  More importantly, though, I discovered that I don't care much for that style of baked goods, so my comments wouldn't be useful to anyone anyway.  If they have bubble tea I don't want to know.