Lobster Maine-ia, Kim and Ray Kenna's Retail and Wholesale Fresh Lobsters on Henninger Court in Chantilly

ulrath

Its not a restauraunt but it is a purveyor of food.  Run out of an industrial park in Chantilly, Lobster Maine-ia has gotten some recent press.

I've gotten some lobsters from them and I am not a connaisseur but they were darned tasty and cheaper than a grocery store.  Its also worth it to have them steam them for you (costs extra), put them in a cooler and take them home.  Recently they started selling lobster rolls.  As I need to be near there every sunday for a kids activity, I have swung in and tried them twice and as far as lobster rolls go (maine style) they are pretty darned good.  They are 10 dollars and are zero frills, but they have a goodly amount of meat. 

Check ahead of time before you go, they have limited hours and weekends are best but they are worth trying if you are in need of a lobster fix.

If you're like me, you often find yourself needing to get a flat tire fixed AND wanting a lobster roll.  Its a horrible feeling.  Why oh why can't I do both at the same time?

Fear no longer - Lobster Maine-ia has you covered.  Located in a non nondescript industrial park, along with several used tire shops, Lobster Maine-ia has become a go to location for the procurement of lobster.  

Of course, I am only kinda-sorta into Lobster but the product is fresh, the prices can't be beat and for a couple bucks they will steam the damn things for you saving you busting out your largest pot and traumatizing yourself and any witnesses when you try to drop them in.

Of note, on weekends (at least the last time I have been) they also have lobster rolls.  They aren't fancy by an stretch of the imagination but they are tasty and a welcome change over the nearby chick-fil-e where they know me by name.  They seem to be branching into other products and they seem to be doing well (they've been written up in the post).

• Like 5

Interesting. Like the proprietors I too have Maine roots and connections to the Sebago Lake region. We go to Maine every summer and I eat more lobster (mostly rolls but steamed too) during that week than I do the rest of the year. But, I will have to check this place out since it's in my backyard.

Been there a couple of times, and I'm a fan. A family-owned business whose regular trips to Maine developed into a business. I've ordered live lobsters and they were fresh and delicious. I've also had their excellent lobster rolls as well as their clam chowder.

They do supply lobsters to many of the area's name restaurants (Jose Andres restaurants, for instance)

The comment about the industrial park was spot on. I initially stumbled across the place while I was on the way to an auto body shop.

I was searching around Google Maps the other day for "seafood restaurants" and saw this place pinned on the map. I assumed it was an error based on the location, but I guess not.

It's certainly not a restaurant, as there is no indoor seating. (The clam chowder will taste delicious while eaten in a car, though...)

On 3/1/2015 at 4:56 AM, reedm said:

I've also had their excellent lobster rolls as well as their clam chowder.

We're going to be nearby for a birthday party this weekend.  The website seems to suggest that you can only order online for pickup.  Is that true for the lobster rolls and clam chowder too?

20 minutes ago, silentbob said:

We're going to be nearby for a birthday party this weekend.  The website seems to suggest that you can only order online for pickup.  Is that true for the lobster rolls and clam chowder too?

I was able to pick up lobster rolls and chowder without ordering in advance, but that was a couple of years ago. I recommend you give them call or send them a message.

• Like 1