Orange Monkey, Locally-Owned Frozen Yogurt Store on Leesburg Pike in Falls Church - Closed

I went to  the Orange Monkey when they first opened. It looks very cute inside. Since I'm not suppose to eat dairy (although I do have butter in cooked food)  I asked them if they had any nondairy flavors. They asked me to wait to ask the person who knows. It took forever for the guy to come out from the back. So I asked him if any of the flavors are nondairy and he asks me what dairy means and I say dairy means it has milk in it.   He said that none of their yogurt has milk in it. Ah, ok. I guess, it comes in some sort of powdered mix and they don't add milk to it?? Perhaps, he doesn't know what is in the mix?  I found it hard to believe it was all nondairy although I guess its possible. I haven't been back since.

I went to  the Orange Monkey when they first opened. It looks very cute inside. Since I'm not suppose to eat dairy (although I do have butter in cooked food)  I asked them if they had any nondairy flavors. They asked me to wait to ask the person who knows. It took forever for the guy to come out from the back. So I asked him if any of the flavors are nondairy and he asks me what dairy means and I say dairy means it has milk in it.   He said that none of their yogurt has milk in it. Ah, ok. I guess, it comes in some sort of powdered mix and they don't add milk to it?? Perhaps, he doesn't know what is in the mix?  I found it hard to believe it was all nondairy although I guess its possible. I haven't been back since.

Although I'm assuming this is made from a powdered yogurt mix like many other places (Just Add Water?!), it would be nice to get some clarification - I'll be very surprised if there's zero dairy in it, at which point I don't see how they could legally call it yogurt. So for now, I'm giving them the benefit of my doubt, and assuming it's a powdered yogurt mix used as a base which seems to be the norm.

This is right next door to Curry Mantra 2, in the same shopping center as Nourish Market, Robek's, and Flippin' Pizza. I also saw another Zinga opening across the street near Haandi, and yet another fro-yo place further up Leesburg Pike in the same shopping center as Trader Joe's. As a reminder, Backyard Barbecue has seen their business increase *substantially* as a result of Zinga Frozen Yogurt opening up next door to it. These are short-term gold mines for small strip shopping centers. Memorizing the fro-yo joints is becoming a skill unto itself, and is by no means easy.