Nebbiolo Langhe

LauraB

Recently a few members have mentioned in other threads that Nebbiolo Langhe is a wine that they like for an every day wine at home due to its drinkability and relatively low price.  Last evening I was in a restaurant and noticed that they had this wine on the Wines by the Glass list.  Having been intrigued by the mentions of it on DR, I ordered a glass and liked it a lot.  I haven't been able to locate the thread(s) where it was mentioned, despite searching.  I'd appreciate it if some of you could let me know where you are buying this wine.  Thanks.

I don't know where to find it.. but Giuseppi Bocchino makes a very elegant version.  Marcarini's is darker and very rich, most of it is from young vines from their newest Barolo cru vineyard which are still too young to make Barolo with.  Produttori makes a fine example especially in good years like 2010.  If you see Cavalotto, get it.  Very pure expression.  Hilberg is big and round, very good value if you can find it.

Nebbiolo Langhe is a wide DOC and is used by many top notch producers to blend the stuff they don't bottle as Barolo or Barbaresco.  Other producers make it as a specific wine from vineyards that do not meet Barolo, Barbaresco etc DOC requirements.

• Like 1