Mi Comalito, Central American and Mexican in Charles North

The City Paper recently gave this place rave reviews.  I was skeptical; El Charrito has my pupusa bar set high.  But Mi Comalito delivers.  The revuelta pupusa is a hair less delicious than El Charrito's, but far above many others I've had. The pork inside was crispy and loaded with cheese.  Beans and plantains were almost as good as El Charritos as well. The tamale was average, eh you can't win them all.  I'll be back to try the tacos, baleadas, and enchiladas.

My major quibble is you can only order pupusas and tamales individually. Tacos come in threes, baleadas in twos.

• Like 1

The City Paper recently gave this place rave reviews.  I was skeptical; El Charrito has my pupusa bar set high.  But Mi Comalito delivers.  The revuelta pupusa is a hair less delicious than El Charrito's, but far above many others I've had. The pork inside was crispy and loaded with cheese.  Beans and plantains were almost as good as El Charritos as well. The tamale was average, eh you can't win them all.  I'll be back to try the tacos, baleadas, and enchiladas.

My major quibble is you can only order pupusas and tamales individually. Tacos come in threes, baleadas in twos.

thetrain, it seems like ordering pupusas and tamales individually would be a freedom - why is it a quibble? Lack of bulk discount?

Otherwise, nice little report. Thank you!