Coffee Nature, Independent Coffee House on Wisconsin Avenue and Fessenden Street, Tenleytown

Arcturus

Coffee Nature (on Fessenden Street just west of Wisconsin Ave.) made a really fantastic cappuccino recently.  Not in the very top tier, but very good and much much better than anything else nearby.  Strange little shop, looks like a lunch counter with Korean dishes.  I went in expecting to be disappointed but instead was thrilled.  Don't judge a book by its cover.

Coffee nature is a lot of fun. Good food and drinks, and some of the best service I've had anywhere. One time they messed up a drink that a friend of mine ordered and paid for in cash, and as they came out with the replacement, they insisted on giving her the cash back as well. Very cool.

Coffee Nature (on Fessenden Street just west of Wisconsin Ave.) made a really fantastic cappuccino recently.  Not in the very top tier, but very good and much much better than anything else nearby.  Strange little shop, looks like a lunch counter with Korean dishes.  I went in expecting to be disappointed but instead was thrilled.  Don't judge a book by its cover.

Coffee nature is a lot of fun. Good food and drinks, and some of the best service I've had anywhere. One time they messed up a drink that a friend of mine ordered and paid for in cash, and as they came out with the replacement, they insisted on giving her the cash back as well. Very cool.

Is this the little place near Pete's at the end of the shopping center? If so, wow - I'm surprised: based on my one visit there, I didn't even give it a second thought. But I either had drip coffee or tea, so my visit wasn't much of a sample.

Is this the little place near Pete's at the end of the shopping center? If so, wow - I'm surprised: based on my one visit there, I didn't even give it a second thought. But I either had drip coffee or tea, so my visit wasn't much of a sample.

Yes, just down the street from Pete's.  One thing I've learned, at some places either the brewed coffee is great or the espresso is great, but not both.  Next time try an espresso-based beverage.

Yes, just down the street from Pete's.  One thing I've learned, at some places either the brewed coffee is great or the espresso is great, but not both.  Next time try an espresso-based beverage.

Your post jogged my memory. I'd completely forgotten I visited Coffee Nature a few months ago and enjoyed a very nice espresso. Had I been in a more receptive mood, I might also have enjoyed the barista's (proprietor's?) seemingly interminable lecture on the provenance of his beans. I was in Italian bar mode (knock back the shot and get on with the day) and forgot everything he said upon exiting.

It's gone through a lot of owners (and a few name changes) over the years with lots of variation in quality.  But it's always had a die-hard fan-base in the neighborhood (whose loyalty has mystified me because, IME (repeated every couple of years), the place smells bad, their food storage leaves something to be desired, and nothing I've had there (with the exception of pastries just delivered from Poupon) has been particularly good.

Sounds like it's time to give it another try though -- I've stopped trusting the locals, but the Rockwellians are a different story, LOL!