PerseAmerican Brunch at Amoo's Kabob - Starting January 4th, 2014

Chef Seb

One of my goals for the New Year coming up was to be able to create a brunch menu that caters to everyone. With that in mind, It always bothered me that there no restaurants in DC area that serve Persian brunch. I never understood why Italian, French and American restaurants get so much more hype then Persian cuisines. Persian food is as amazing if not more. In Iran you cant just slap a NY strip on the grill and call it the day! You will be disgraced.. no one will ever eat your food. I mean dont get me wrong, I love the western cuisine, a lot of what I cook consists of it. Its good if youre craving that kind of food. But at the same time, I feel like no one is doing anything about Persian culinary arts. A lot of chefs say that Tokyo offers to most prestigious and colorful culinary arts in the world. I agree, Tokyo is all about precision and craft, but so is TEHRAN!! Why hasn't anyone paid attention to it?

Did you know in Iran they boil beets and eat them with roasted walnuts for breakfast? Did you know that we braise lamb for hours over night so it'd be ready for breakfast? Did you know that we have a dish called "Haleem" thats pretty much steamed wheat, brown sugar, cinnamon and braised lamb or turkey? It is The best brunch food I have ever had! For most of you, the Answer to my questions are No!! And That's probably because you were too busy eating the same old boring pancakes and/or oat meal.There's so much work and art that goes into Persian style of making food. Its not just about feeding good food, its about making sure that youre able to sense flavor, texture and smell all at the same time. Nothing is lacking and nothing is overwhelming, always perfect no matter where In Iran I have eaten brunch.

Over the years, I've picked up on some really cool westernized cooking that I thought would be really cool and compatible with Persian style of making brunch.

I want to show how relative and similar Persian food is to all of world's most popular cooking. And maybe for once Persian food is something people finally notice. And I thought the best way to do that is by creating a brunch menu that is collaborated by Persian and American style cuisine.

Attached are photos of some of the brunch Items being presented next weekend.

Saturday January 4, 2014 starting at 9am Amoo's will start serving brunch on the weekends.

Please note, we have been getting a lot of calls regarding the new brunch menu, I highly advice that everyone RSVP via facebook link provided below in order to book your tables. Reserve NOW!!

See you at Amoo's

https://www.facebook.com/events/600041600062197/

post-10412-0-78662000-1388332381_thumb.j

post-10412-0-58404500-1388332394_thumb.j

post-10412-0-94227300-1388332406_thumb.j

post-10412-0-83944600-1388332427_thumb.j

post-10412-0-55084900-1388332449_thumb.j

• Like 2