No. 82 Steak Out, Steak-Frites for $18.82 at Rockville Town Square - Closed

New steak frites restaurant coming to Rockville Town Square.

From the Rockville Town Center announcement:

"82 steak out will offer a truly unique steak frites dining experience modeled after a long time European tradition, now with an American flair. Enjoy Steak and Fries (or sweet potato fries) with your choice of house or Caesar salad served with our super secret sauce for only $18.82!"

82 steak out will offer a truly unique steak frites dining experience modeled after a long time European tradition, now with an American flair. Enjoy Steak and Fries (or sweet potato fries) with your choice of house or Caesar salad served with our super secret sauce for only $18.82!

This appears to be replacing Tippy's Tacos in the same spot. Intriguing.

• Like 1

82 steak out will offer a truly unique steak frites dining experience modeled after a long time European tradition, now with an American flair. Enjoy Steak and Fries (or sweet potato fries) with your choice of house or Caesar salad served with our super secret sauce for only $18.82!

@jandres....and you know this because??????.....you've eaten there or you work there?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but that PDF menu just strikes me as curious"¦will need to revisit later.  Maybe the way they spell "ceaser salad" or calling the lunch steak a "steak dinner" but something else just seems off.

Getting slightly off-topic, can someone remind me of the economics of charging less at lunch?  It makes perfect sense if the lunch portion is smaller, but this menu shows what seems to be the exact same option for lunch or dinner, with the lunch option $5 less.  Strikes me as more generous than typical for a lunch discount.  Not sure why I feel the need to type about this on a Friday night...

I can't quite put my finger on it, but that PDF menu just strikes me as curious"¦will need to revisit later.  Maybe the way they spell "ceaser salad" or calling the lunch steak a "steak dinner" but something else just seems off.  

Getting slightly off-topic, can someone remind me of the economics of charging less at lunch?  It makes perfect sense if the lunch portion is smaller, but this menu shows what seems to be the exact same option for lunch or dinner, with the lunch option $5 less.  Strikes me as more generous than typical for a lunch discount.  Not sure why I feel the need to type about this on a Friday night...

I scanned the menu briefly, and my initial impression was that it was very sloppy. This is a fifty-dollar proofreading assignment - things such as this are like being a member of a dating website, and sending an initial message ridden with typos and bad grammar (hope you enjoy masturbating).

Lunch prices are simple supply and demand. "They would if they could," is a good way of thinking about pricing.

My feel is that steakhouses (going down) and hamburger joints (going up) are in the multi-year process of creeping towards an in-the-middle price-point equilibrium, somewhere in the teens.

Not sure why I feel the need to type about this on a Friday night... ;)

Reminiscing about HRustler and Golden ShCorral,

DR. Roksov

PS - I can't quite put my finger on it either, and when I die, I'm going to hell.

My dry cleaner of choice used to be $1.75 DryClean.  When they changed their pricess to $1.99, and didn't change their name accordingly, I stopped going there.

They did a pretty crappy job on the clothes (which is why I really left), but I couldn't get over the fact that the name no longer corresponded to the price.  I would be wary with the name of this restaurant if it does, in fact, coincide with the price point.

My dry cleaner of choice used to be $1.75 DryClean.  When they changed their pricess to $1.99, and didn't change their name accordingly, I stopped going there.

They did a pretty crappy job on the clothes (which is why I really left), but I couldn't get over the fact that the name no longer corresponded to the price.  I would be wary with the name of this restaurant if it does, in fact, coincide with the price point.

Well, it corresponds to the easily changeable part. It can be $19.82, or $27.82 in the future and still work.

We had just finished our pediatrician's appointment with our newborn, and were looking for somewhere that we anticipated wouldn't be too crowded and would provide easy parking. No. 82 Steak Out fit both--we got on-street parking practically across the street, and we got there just after they opened, so no lunch crowd was there.

Lunch was good. My wife got the cheesesteak and the chopped salad, and enjoyed both. I had a bite of the cheesesteak, and thought it was very good. It's a reasonably 'clean' cheesesteak--cheese, steak and bread--which makes it easy to eat in a lunch setting (no dribbling on businesswear, for instance), but the flavors were really quite nice. I had the steak 'dinner'--steak frites--and was also very happy. The steak was a highly tenderized sirloin cut, about 5 oz, I think they said, with a chopped salad and a nice batch of frites (the frites were very worthwhile). The sauce on top of the steak was unique--some Italian flavors, I'd say, with a fair amount of rosemary.

Service was prompt and very friendly--they were simultaneously enthusiastic about our baby, but also respectful by providing him some distance. We wouldn't hesitate to go back, and also hope that this place does well--it's a unique addition to Rockville, and fills out the restaurant scene nicely.

Had dinner here tonight.  We had the 8 oz steak - oh right that is the only thing on the menu (lol).  Actually it was very good, cooked to temperature order and the sauce had nice flavor.  Nice portion size for the price without being supersized and not leaving hungry.  As mentioned above the chopped salad was very good and not overdressed.  The cauliflower was enjoyed and they didn't overcook it so it still had some crunch to it.

The only thing that I found strange is that they do not accept American Express.  The waiter apologized and said they are still working on getting that account set up.  They do accept Visa.  I know AMEX is more expensive but I don't think I have ever been in a restaurant that accepted credit cards and not American Express.

We stopped in here tonight for an early dinner before my kids basketball game nearby. We arrived just before 5 to find a nearly empty restaurant, one other two top was already eating. Our experience can be summed up by my 10 year old "Dad, next time can we go to Medium Rare".

Nothing was bad, just average. The chopped salad was very good, bread not nearly as good as MR and the wine list is a train wreck. They don't even bother to list the brand of wines, just Pinot Noir, Cab, etc. The steak was decent although slightly overlooked but liked the option for sweet potato fries. Kids got the kid size order which looked to be a 1/2 order of the steak for $14.82 versus the adult $18.82 version, not a vey good value. We didn't ask but they would have been better off splitting the adult size if that is an option. No times for dessert.

Service was friendly. When we left around 6 the place was completely empty.