Mexican or Tex-Mex for My Mom and Dad, Between BWI and Del Ray

Simul Parikh

Mom and dad coming in tonight, I'm picking them up at BWI and live in Del Ray.

Was trying to think of good Mexican or Tex-Mex, not hole in the wall, but good food.

What I came up with so far was Guajillo in Rosslyn or Fuego in Courthouse/Clarendon.
I'm tired of Taqueria Poblano and Tio in my neighborhood.

So, anything on the way sort of (Glenburnie, Laurel, Greenbelt, DC, Arlington, Alexandria)

Thanks!

Simul

Little Mexico (Riverdale) is sort of on the way, but it might take your parents out of their comfort zone.

Taqueria La Veracruzana in Laurel may fit the bill - Cherry Lane, just off Route 1.

Taqueria El Poblano in Del Ray, of course.

My most recent meal at Jaleo in Crystal City was one of my best there (yeah, I know, but it's close enough).

Tacos El Costalilla is a little out of your way, and also might take your parents out of their comfort zone.

And, of course, you know Los Tios Grill is only "okay."

I hate to say this, but the only thing I've suggested that might fit the bill is Jaleo - making mom and dad comfortable throws a big (but understandable) wrench into an otherwise simple problem. Fuego might be your best bet if you don't mind driving to Clarendon - I'm not a huge fan, but it's family-friendly.

If you know a bit of driving trickery, La Plaza in SE Capitol Hill is not that far off your path.