Colorado Kitchen - Vailed.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like CK is hosting its first Wine Dinner on Wednesday 30 May...

From this morning's eNewsletter:

Hey Folks,

Hope all of you are enjoying this beautiful weather. We certainly are. Some of you have watched as our wine and beer program has just gotten bigger and better. We're always searching for something new and different that you won't find just anywhere. The beverages at CK are as unique as the food.

We've all learned a lot about wine and beer and invite you to join us on this journey. Wednesday, May 30th join us for CK's first wine dinner. Ali Claypoole of The Henry Wine Group is our guest hostess. She'll be pouring "Wines Off The Beaten Path" to accompany hors d'oeuvres and four courses of Chef's great food.

Seating is limited to 40 wine thirsty guests. Get your tickets early. Your $65 includes the tasting of five fine wines and a four course dinner. You'll also be entered in the drawing to win "The Taste At Home" a bottle of each of the nights wines.

Mark your calendars for the upcoming beer dinner next month. We'll keep you posted.

It's that time of year when the weather gets warmer. It's great isn't it? We've got the UV shades out and the sunscreen. There's not much, however, we can do for the hard working equipment at CK that keep things cool other than go to summer hours. Starting May 20th we're going to summer hours. That simply means we'll be closed on Wednesdays (as well as Mon and Tues) until labor day.

Hope to see you all soon,

Chef & Robin

Five of us enjoyed a pretty good brunch on Sunday. Even though it was raining outside, a substantial line had formed about 5 minutes prior to opening. I was worried when only three people in our party were present when the place opened, but the hostess was kind enough to let us take the table by the window anyway.

Donut holes were hot and sugary as always. Three of us ordered the eggs with fried chicken special. The chicken was a leg quarter and slightly disappointing. I liked the flavor and texture of the crust. The meat itself was a bit gummy and not that juicy. My scrambled eggs were rich and creamy though. Garlic cheese grits were stellar. I could have had a large bowl of them.

Of the bottled drinks, green apple soda is now my favorite. Much more enjoyable than Leninade or Cheerwine.

The first-time diners with us were thrilled with the food. $80 for five people after tax and tip is a super deal.

... eggs with fried chicken special. The chicken was a leg quarter and slightly disappointing. I liked the flavor and texture of the crust. The meat itself was a bit gummy and not that juicy.

Definitely not my experience today - the fried chicken was absolutely perfect.

Last Saturday, four of us dined before a performance at Carter Barron. We got there a little after they opened at 5 to make sure we'd grab a parking space for the performance, and to not have to wait for a table. I've wanted to go for a long time, but this is the first opportunity I've really had to get here...and I'm so sorry I didn't make the effort sooner!

Husband, sister and niece all enjoyed it as well. Softshell crab was on special, so I definitely had to get that. I found it a little odd that it was by itself, but that made it easier for me to pick the sides that I wanted to eat. I had the spinach and potato croquettes. The crab was fried with a very light touch and was quite tasty. Those potato croquettes OMG were so creamy, cheesy, and even when I wanted to stop, I still had to keep eating them! My husband had a roast pork ternderloin with blueberries (special) that came with spaetzle and red cabbage. My niece had the chicken nuggets served over mashed potatoes, corn and gravy (and declared it to be scrumptious) and I can't recall what my sister had. (That's what happens when you wait too long to post) We ended the evening by sharing a lemon blueberry cake. Everything was delicious, and we were all quite stuffed.

Service was friendly and efficient--four of us ate for well under $100. My niece loves to eat at "hole in the wall" diners when she's visiting her father in Nebraska. She was telling us how the diners don't look fancy or pretty on the outside, but the food is top shelf. She said this was the best food at a diner that she's eaten yet.

Colorado Kitchen is still normally open for brunch, right? We stopped by on Sunday to satiate my extreme craving for donuts, but it was closed. Extremely disappointing!

I was there last Sunday for brunch (sorry no service problems or issues to report ;) ).

I know they take vacation at some point during the summer, maybe they were out of town.

Colorado Kitchen is still normally open for brunch, right? We stopped by on Sunday to satiate my extreme craving for donuts, but it was closed. Extremely disappointing!
This is too late to help you, but I'll post it to clear up the issue. I received the following email from Colorado Kitchen last week. I think I signed up for the emails last time I ate there. (I've included the whole email given the info about the beer dinner this Wednesday -- at least that's not old news yet.)

Again, our apologies for having to close Sunday because of our persistent plumbing problem. Those of you who have been with us from the beginning know that this is deja vu all over again. It seems now we know what the problem is and hoping that we can limp along until it can be fixed for permanent.

Just some news to keep you up on the latest happenings:

Chef's got to drive her daughter, Sian, up to Upstate, NY for band camp on Sunday, June 24th. So we will be closed that day. Make plans to come in on Saturday, June 23rd to satisfy that Donut Jones.

If you're planning on attending the Beer Dinner on June 27th (Wednesday at 6:30, $50 per person), please call and talk to Robin. You'll need your credit card to reserve your space. Call or come in ASAP tickets are going fast. Your ticket enters you into a drawing for the Tasting at Home Door Prize. We'll draw a number and the winner takes home a pack of the nights brews. We know you don't want to miss what's going to be a night of great food, great beer and a great education in the fabulous processes that bring us one of the world's favorite concoctions.

Here is a picture of Tom Nida, the wine dinner's drawing winner, and wine girl, Ali Claypoole.

See you soon,

Chef and Robin

Oh goody, it looks like I will be able to try again next weekend. My donut jones is quite extreme!! (ex. I am meeting up with a group of friends from around the country next week, and I have asked them all to gather donuts from thier local bakeries so that I can try them all - and, I don't know if I plan to share or not).

Colorado Kitchen's annual August hiatus will begin after dinner service Sunday July 29th. They will reopen, after two special August meals detailed below, on Wednesday September 5th.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:28 PM

To: undisclosed-recipients

Subject: Read Me

Hey Folks,

We're getting to that time of year again when Colorado Kitchen takes its annual hiatus. Make plans to join us for dinner or brunch this week before we close our doors for the summer this Sunday night. We won't be going far this year, however.

By popular demand we're bringing Ali and Kristin back for another weekend of wine and beer tastings. On Friday, August 10th. Ali introduces us to HOT WINES. She'll be pairing wines from the hottest climates of the world with chef's specially designed menu. There'll be big bodied reds and smooth shimmering whites to tantalize your palette and cool you down from the inside. Join us Friday at 6:30 for HOT WINES with Ali Claypoole. Six wines, six courses for $65. Seating is limited so make your reservations now.

Sunday, August 12th at 1pm is Colorado Kitchen's first ever beer brunch. Kristin will be bringing us the fancy brews while Chef whips up the eggs, steak, crepes and whatever she can think of to go with the great ales and lagers Kristin will be sharing with us. Brunch is all inclusive: six beers, six courses for $45. Seating is limited so give us a call and let us know if you'll be joining us.

And that will be it for August. We'll be back officially with our regular hours, Wednesday September 5th. Stay tuned for even more exciting events for fall. Big things will be happening September and October that you won't want to miss. So enjoy your summer and we'll see you soon,

Chef & Robin

the night before they shuttered the place for their summer vacation, we enjoyed skullsplitter ale from the orkney islands, tacos of a perfectly and lightly fried white fish with zestfully ripe avocado, bacon cheeseburgers as filling and good as those mom used to make and a strawberry "dumpling" -- a smart alternative to strawberry shortcake when the local strawberries have moved on, a biscuit roof over warm and semi-jammy stewed fruit. (the local strawberries i sampled raw several times this season weren't quite up to the flavor of some previous seasons, but i was still eating them it seems like weeks after they normally would have been gone -- because of the weather. anyway, they would probably have been better cooked.)

like restaurant eve, this kitchen isn't afraid to cook fish and vegetables to a proper point of doneness. playing it safe, I tend to barely cook my fish through and steam my green beans no further than crispness, but places that really know what they're doing provide a delicious reminder that although undercooking may be far preferable than turning something to mush or dryness, the peak of the flavor may not be reached until you push something to the point where things can start to go wrong if it's not watched attentively.

I wanted to post this enewsletter from Colorado Kitchen because they have some closures coming up:

They'll be closed this Saturday 9/22 and then Friday 9/28 through Sunday 9/30 because of Camp.

At a recent dinner, the shrimp and house made pasta included a handful of corn kernels and peas and was very light and fresh. Thankfully, it left room for some Texas Chocolate sheet cake. Earlier in the meal, good manners prevented me from reaching over for a neighboring Gorgonzola/bread/tomato salad - it looked so good.

Sent: Sat 01-Sep-07 22:00

To: undisclosed-recipients

Subject: Wow...Vacation's Over Already

Hey Folks, Well, we slowed down long enough to let Magalee, Chef's oldest, off at Oberlin, Ohio. She's all settled in and ready to start her college career. She'll be a sorely missed and hard to replace member of the Sunday Brunch Team. But we will try and carry on without her.

You might think you are but none of you are as excited as Chef to start this new 2007/08 season at Colorado Kitchen. First of all the menu is new and full of wonderful yummy things. Chef's been working on it for weeks now and she's sure when you get a look at it on Wednesday, September 5th your mouth will be watering, too.

Chef is firing up the old stove and taking the casserole dishes down from the shelf. How about a classic chicken Kiev or a bread salad as a starter before you tuck into Chef's Suburban Casserole? There'll also be Tenderloin, Pork Chops, and Shrimp with our very own house made pasta.

We're anxious to see all of your hungry faces again. You and Yours filling the dining room and making all gone with whatever's on your plate. We love to feed you and hope that Colorado Kitchen continues to be one of the places you love to get fed.

September is a busy month for us....Chef's got an engagement in NY on Saturday 9/22. Unfortunately, we'll be closed that day. And closed the following week for the ADVENTURES at the STOVE weekend (9/28 to 9/30). Hope you've signed up. Great food and a great time learning and eating will be had by all. You'll have to sign up by 9/15 to make sure you get the AATS Chef Coat. Email StoveAdventures@aol.com for a registration packet or pick one up at CK.

Chef's book, OUT OF THE FRYING PAN, comes out in October. Stay tuned for details for the BOOK LAUNCH party. You're all invited: Champagne, hors d'oeuvres and a signed copy are yours when you join us for this great kickoff of the release of Chef's first Cookbook.

Its good to be back and we'll see you soon,

Chef & Robin

Colorado Kitchen

Dinner, Wednesday thru Saturday 5pm to 10pm

Dinner Sunday, 5pm to 9pm

Lunch on Fridays Only, 11:30 to 2:30pm

Brunch, Saturdays & Sundays 11 to 2:30

A word to the wise -- call before driving all the way across town for brunch! We showed up at 1 on Sunday (brunch is usually served until 2:30), and were told unceremoniously that they were closing early, so we couldn't be fed. We ended up having to go to Tabard Inn to get our doughnut fix.

A word to the wise -- call before driving all the way across town for brunch! We showed up at 1 on Sunday (brunch is usually served until 2:30), and were told unceremoniously that they were closing early, so we couldn't be fed. We ended up having to go to Tabard Inn to get our doughnut fix.

Gus...I really apologize for that. We had a sewer issue. Our building was built in 1911 and the old pipes were not built right. In some parts of northwest DC the sanitary sewer and storm sewer are on the same line. So when it rains like on Friday night, a lot of debris from the storm drains and sewers backs up into our pipes and we had it all stopped up and coming back up. The only thing to do is not wash dishes and not let anyone use the bathroom. The health department unfortunately does not let you do that. Trust me Robin and I weren't having a good time Sunday either. All of that water coming up had to be taken out of the retaurant in five gallon buckets that the two of us carted out. And it is not clean water. We would have loved to stay open. Believe me. I had fried up 25 pounds of fried chicken and had a mess of grits. It is never an easy decision to close but one we had to make for everyone's safety. I would hate to have someone in the bathroom and have sewage back up on them. Today while I was doing the Washingtonian chat, Robin was in there with the plumber getting it taken care of. If anyone was turned away Sunday let me know, I've got a chocolate donut with your name on it should you decide to try us again. Again, my deepest regrets that you were disappointed.

Gus...I really apologize for that. We had a sewer issue. Our building was built in 1911 and the old pipes were not built right. In some parts of northwest DC the sanitary sewer and storm sewer are on the same line. So when it rains like on Friday night, a lot of debris from the storm drains and sewers backs up into our pipes and we had it all stopped up and coming back up. The only thing to do is not wash dishes and not let anyone use the bathroom. The health department unfortunately does not let you do that. Trust me Robin and I weren't having a good time Sunday either. All of that water coming up had to be taken out of the retaurant in five gallon buckets that the two of us carted out. And it is not clean water. We would have loved to stay open. Believe me. I had fried up 25 pounds of fried chicken and had a mess of grits. It is never an easy decision to close but one we had to make for everyone's safety. I would hate to have someone in the bathroom and have sewage back up on them. Today while I was doing the Washingtonian chat, Robin was in there with the plumber getting it taken care of. If anyone was turned away Sunday let me know, I've got a chocolate donut with your name on it should you decide to try us again. Again, my deepest regrets that you were disappointed.

I'm sorry to hear that - and definitely sympathetic about plumbing issues! Thanks for the explanation - we'll definitely be back.

Chef,

Your chog was quite enjoyable. I found myself chuckling a lot and appreciate your insights into the restaurant and your life.

Thanks.

My "chog"? Is this a new online word? Golly, I'm having trouble keeping up. I had a really good time. The folks there at the Washingtonian are really great. It was refreshing to drive downtown, get down into a parking garage, wearing a suit and dress shoes, ride an elevator and sit at a desk. I NEVER get to do that anymore. Can't say that I miss it. But it is nice for a change.

I would have taken those excess grits off your hands, by the gallon. <swoon> I think I have to head over this weekend.

JLK...it hurts to throw food away. Funny sometimes on Sunday I run out of grits and then there are times I have a butt load left over. I hate to throw them away. But what can you do. Sometimes I let them cool and slice the hardened grits and fry the bricks of grits in bacon fat. I know...killer...but staff loves it.

But give us another week JLK. We are going to be closed for a week because I will be in Mississippi for the SFA conference. There'll be plenty of grits that first weekend in November.

We're back.

And to pay the plumber we're having Fried Chicken And Burger Tuesday 11/13

Gillian, I know one reason I don't come to Colorado Kitchen more is because if you're full (*), there's really nothing to do except get back in the car and go elsewhere - it's actually happened to me probably a half-dozen times, mainly at brunch. The same thing scares me away from 2 Amys, Palena front room, Ray's The Steaks, Kotobuki (man has this place gotten crowded!), and a few others. Can you give people some idea of which days and times non-Brightwoodians have the best chance of getting a table? This may be worth its own thread - when to hit popular places that don't take reservations.

(*) the restaurant, not you personally.

Gillian, I know one reason I don't come to Colorado Kitchen more is because if you're full (*), there's really nothing to do except get back in the car and go elsewhere - it's actually happened to me probably a half-dozen times, mainly at brunch. The same thing scares me away from 2 Amys, Palena front room, Ray's The Steaks, Kotobuki (man has this place gotten crowded!), and a few others. Can you give people some idea of which days and times non-Brightwoodians have the best chance of getting a table? This may be worth its own thread - when to hit popular places that don't take reservations.

(*) the restaurant, not you personally.

Actually, most of our customers are "Non-Brightwoodians"

Don:we have a sparkling Chardonnay--great with fried chicken; i forgot to tell you. And a sparkling shiraz that goes great with a burger. We actually don't get busy until 7pm and after. We open at 5pm which is pretty early. We did the reservations thing and it was a nightmare. Out of a table of four, one person would show up. Then fifteen minutes later the rest of the party. While a line of people at the door looked at the empty table, looked at me. I think the last night we took reservations was the night that Susan Kidd (she's maybe 6 ft tall) was the one sending the eyeball daggers. Those 15 little tables fill up fast but they empty fast too. Its hard having a little foyer where everyone can see what is going on and to not have one of those dark rooms in front where everyone waits not knowing what is going on in the dining room. But the longest dinner time wait is maybe 20 minutes. If you come at 8pm on Saturday night you'll have to endure that wait. We have a terrible wait some brunches but not this past Sunday. If the Redskins are playing at 1pm; the dining room is empty at 12 nooon. We were all standing around twiddling our thumbs. CAN YOU believe it?

Another great place with a long wait is Pizzeria Paradiso. You just have to time it. I try and get there pretty early. After 7pm you're in for a wait. But its worth it, isn't it?

We're back.

They are difinetly back. My parents, who don't believe in going out for brunch, brought out of town guests there on Sunday. 12:30, party of 5, no wait :P Guests were jealous they don't know of anything similar in Philly.

Two orders of catfish, two orders of shrimp and grits (that were not shared :blink: ), an order of eggs, and a bucket full of holes later everyone left full and happy. The coffee was strong enough to meet make my mother happy, something most restaurants don't achieve.

Don, CK is less than 10 minutes by car to Columbia Heights, downtown Silver Spring, and Politics and Prose, depending on the direction you are headed. Plenty to do in each direction if you know where to look.

I know one reason I don't come to Colorado Kitchen more is because if you're full (*), there's really nothing to do except get back in the car and go elsewhere
My problem has been more with unexpected closures, but that's how we have (happily) ended up at Taqueria Distrito Federal several times.

ETA: I can also attest to the empty dining room early in the evening. Jlock and I have gone several times recently at around 6 and it has seemed to remain fairly empty until about 7:30ish.

We're back.

Why does this have to be the same night at the PS7 event?! Of course a starter of charcuterie followed by some chicken and greens could make for a fun night. Now to hope that my meetings tomorrow do not run late!

Why does this have to be the same night at the PS7 event?! Of course a starter of charcuterie followed by some chicken and greens could make for a fun night. Now to hope that my meetings tomorrow do not run late!

Don't worry...go to PS 7. B&FC night will be held the second Tuesday of every month. We had a lot of fun the last time we did this menu. And I came away with a lot of insight and stories for my talk on greens at the SFA Symposium later that week. Join us in December and then January.

I had dinner with my fiancee and my sister on Saturday. Everything was delightful. I haven't been to Colorado Kitchen for a really long time and and that meal made me regret letting so much time go by before returning.

For appetizers we had carrot sage soup and goat cheese fritters with roasted cauliflower. My sister was marveling ove the perfect biscuits that came with the appetizers. For dinner my sister as pasta with brown butter and the ham and gruyere napolean, my fiancee had ginger shrimp with fried plantains and I had meatloaf with ziti. The meatloaf was as good as ever. I wasn't sure about ziti - it was served on top of the meatloaf so the sauce was for both the pasta and the meat but it tasted great togetehr. As for the napolean I hope Clark never takes it off the menu. Yum! I suggested to my sister that she should try putting some of the sauce from the napoleon on her pasta which was a winning combination. Desert was molten chocolate cake and chocolate pecan pie. Everything was delicious and the service was attentive and prompt.

Wednesday 10/24: Inaugural Burger, Fried Chicken & Collard Greens night.
I was able to attend in October and wish I could make it tonight. The collard greens are full of porky goodness and would soothe a cold and rainy night.

One thing not really mentioned is Robin's interesting selection of beers on offer. I was with folks from work on the 24th and they're beer drinkers. Cool that they were impressed with their tall Flemish beer, pumpkin stout and German apple beer.

Too bad the fluffy sweet potato pie recipe isn't in the book.

:blink:

Any idea what this was called? Google is only turning up Fassbrause, but I've never even heard of the stuff, much less seen it state-side. Are you sure it wasn't the Lindeman's or Hughye Apple (both Belgian)?

It is called Ephemere. I can get the details (brewery etc.) They make a fine selection of beers including the Maudite (kind of spicy and crisp)

It is called Ephemere. I can get the details (brewery etc.) They make a fine selection of beers including the Maudite (kind of spicy and crisp)

Unibroue. Canadian-brewed, belgian-style ales. One of the best brewers of belgian-style stuff on this side of the pond. Get thee some Fin du Monde.

Towards the end of his current column Tim Carman drops [most of] the snarkiness and sings love for CK:

Yes, it explains all the stupid rules, but it also helps explain why I have never, ever had a bad meal at Colorado Kitchen. Though she’s nudging toward (local) celebrity chef status, Clark can always be found cooking at her place, always standing there at the drive-through-like kitchen opening that faces the dining room, as if she were indeed home. Her plates certainly smack of home cooking, (though not the kind I was raised on, thank God). Her thick, perfectly pink pork chop, outfitted with a cornflake crust, balances moistness with a satisfying crunch. Her meat loaf is the first one I truly love, a hefty slab studded with onions and smothered in a paradoxically rich and elegant black truffle gravy. Her loosely packed, expertly seared burger is the best in its mid-level price range.

Then there’s Clark’s weekend brunch, which has become one of my favorite meals to spring on visitors. The eggs Benedict offers pleasures that may be illegal in half a dozen rural Virginia counties—a fluffy, lemony hollandaise that pairs wonderfully with the runny egg and those tiny, salty biscuits sprinkled with the thinnest crust of sugar. And that catfish! This bottom feeder, dressed up in a salty, crunchy coating, is so moist it almost doesn’t need the exquisite side of house-made tartar sauce with capers. Even the OJ knocks me out; it’s so fresh I can still taste the strained-out seeds.

Not sure if this puts me in the minority or majority -- the burger, as constructed, is not really my thing even though I thought it tasted awesome. To the extent that "objective" comparisons are possible, it is tied with Palena at the top with Colorado Kitchen a distant third (though that may change after I visit next Tuesday). Perhaps the best analogy I can draw is that the burger at Central is a well-made, Oscar-contending film that doesn't entertain me.

A DISTANT THIRD? Yikes...May I add the the Burger at CK is 7.50 and its freshly ground CAB. I don't think you can get a better burger for under $10. See you Tuesday. And then come to my window and tell me I'm a distant Third :(

Oh by the way...I'm not really mad. Just kidding. There's a rumor going around town that I don't have a sense of humor.

May I add the the Burger at CK is 7.50 and its freshly ground CAB. I don't think you can get a better burger for under $10.

$7.50 IS remarkable.

Choice Angus Beef?

Chuck And Butt?

Clark-Adulterated Bison?

Catfish And Biscuits?

Cheese And Baloney?

Couscous And Bulghar?

Complain And Bitch?

What?

Jeeez Loueeez. Certified Angus! :(

If I order mine well-done, are you going to be back there singing "Have it Yourrrrrrr Way!" :(

There's a storm a-brewin, ah tell ya...

Colorado Kitchen was serving miniburgers (!) today as a brunch special ($10.25, I think), and they were as good as you might expect: three hand-formed patties of Certified! Angus! Beef! served on a sweet-potato roll with housemade Thousand Island dressing. Like Matchbox, they're served with a mound of onion straws, except these are the best onion straws I've ever eaten, made with fresh oil and a superb batter that was good even after cooling to room temperature.

Donut Eating Strategy

Order the assortment of three (powdered sugar, honey-nut, and chocolate-iced). Eat the powdered-sugar one first to open up room on the plate. This one in particular is a strong candidate for a coffee dunk. Then take the honey-nut one and turn it upside down, letting a large portion of the slivered nuts drop onto the plate (they're bound to the donut with a brushing of honey, but not quite enough - if you come across a particularly recalcitrant donut, do not hesitate to run your finger across the nuts). Eat the honey-nut one, and then take the fallen nut slivers, pinch them, and sprinkle them on top of the chocolate-iced one as if they were kosher salt (*). The chocolate is hot and gooey, so the nuts will cling. Eat and enjoy.

(*) Alternate method - turn the donut upside down, and dab it carefully against the nuts, being careful not to let it actually touch the plate so no chocolate sauce is lost in the process. Eat and enjoy.

Cheers,

Rocks.

May I add the the Burger at CK is 7.50 and its freshly ground CAB. I don't think you can get a better burger for under $10.

Sunday night is a great time to go for the burger. We were there last night @7pm and had no problem getting a table. I was there a few Thursdays ago (the other burger night) and was lucky to grab an open spot at the bar. Am really enjoying the interesting beer selection going on at CK these days.

Am really enjoying the interesting beer selection going on at CK these days.

we really enjoyed the weyerbacher blithering idiots, a barley wine that had our name written all over it. our waiter joked that it has such a high alcoholic content that he is surprised they can serve it. we were allowed to reorder, however, when we reassured him that we would be departing by public transportation and would not be behind the wheel.

Can someone talk about the Friday lunch menu?
It's been a while since I've been able to get away for lunch even today, sorry.

On a brighter note, here's CK's schedule for the coming week:

Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 12:25 PM

Subject: Home For The Holidays

Hey Folks,

That's right. We're going to keep the pilot lit at CK this holiday season.

Special dinners for the week in between Xmas and New Year's means you can leave the cooking to Chef and tear yourself away from your presents for a couple of hours.

We'll be closed Wednesday, December 26th. But will be open the rest of the week for a series of special menus.

Thursday, December 27th is burger night. Chef will be flipping her fabulous burgers from 6pm until 10pm. Robin's making sure we've got a great selection of memorable beers.

Friday, December 28th is Fish Fry Night. There'll be catfish, trout, shrimp, fries and hushpuppies. There'll also be steak for the meat eaters, from 6pm to 10pm.

Saturday, December 29th is Spaghetti Night. Chef's making marina and meatballs and slow roasting some lovely Italian Sausage from 6pm to 10pm.

Sunday, December 30th starting at 11 is the extended Sunday Brunch. 11am to 5pm. That's right. Six hours of donuts, shrimp and grits, eggs benedict, and catfish with tartar sauce.

Make plans to join us over the holiday week. And remember, no need to make reservations. Just come on in.

And its not too late to get that perfect gift. Pick up a copy of OUT OF THE FRYING PAN, or call ahead to have it signed and wrapped to your special someone. You can even throw in a Colorado Kitchen gift certificate.

See you soon,

Chef & Robin