Engagement Dinner with Family - Party of 11 in Union Square, Flatiron, or Midtown

sklarithy

Hi All,

So I'm planning to propose to my girlfriend in early March.  I want to make dinner reservations for our families the night of the engagement for a party of 11.  I don't think a private room is necessary, just somewhere relatively quiet in Union Square, Flatiron, or Midtown.  Nothing too fancy, I was thinking something along the lines of Crispo at 14th and 7th.  I feel like Italian always works well or American.

Any and all suggestions welcomed!

Rossini's, at 38th and Park Avenue just a few blocks south of Grand Central Station, is very reasonably priced Italian with live piano music, an Italian "Don" who greets you at the door and shows you to your seat, and an engaging waitstaff including a maitre d' who explains the night's specials with an engaging comedic flair. It's more of a back and forth conversation than a listing of specials and he really plays to the whole table. They really work to impress you with their friendly service here. Great atmosphere for the family. Food is nothing spectacular but certainly more than passable.

Thanks for the help guys.  I'm thinking about doing L'Apicio and will look at Craftbar too.

Most importantly, congratulations to you, sklarithy. I'm so happy for you and your fiancée. We all are - it's just that not everyone knows you other than as a screen name. (Please feel free to introduce yourself anytime you're comfortable doing so.)

Hi All,

So I'm planning to propose to my girlfriend in early March.  I want to make dinner reservations for our families the night of the engagement for a party of 11.  I don't think a private room is necessary, just somewhere relatively quiet in Union Square, Flatiron, or Midtown.  Nothing too fancy, I was thinking something along the lines of Crispo at 14th and 7th.  I feel like Italian always works well or American.

Any and all suggestions welcomed!

And? And??