Tacos Pepitos 1 (Gaithersburg) and 2 (Adams Morgan), Taquerias - Both Closed

In light of my mid-morning falafel hunt, I wanted to start this new topic to see what others people's great, ethnic sandwiches/cheap eats are? What is that unusual cheap ethnic delicacy that you could eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and still go out for at midnight?

Nice. I'm also a sucker for the sandwiches at Tacos Pepitos II bakery in Adams Morgan. Delicious, and very reasonably priced.

Burrito de Carnitas at Mexican Pepito's Bakery in Adams Morgan. This place is great and has some really authentic Mexican food...although i think that the ownership has recently changed hands. Nevertheless, grab a mandarin jarritos and you've got a delicious lunch. Also, they have a cochinita taco that is comprable to the one at Oyamel, which I find to be spectacular.

Nice. I'm also a sucker for the sandwiches at Tacos Pepitos II bakery in Adams Morgan. Delicious, and very reasonably priced.

I'm not sure in which years this little Gaithersburg - Adams Morgan mini-chain shut down, but they both did. If anyone has any further information, please share it with us.

The Adams Morgan branch of Tacos Pepitos was sold to new owners who renamed it Super Tacos but changed substantively little with the annoying exception being that they seldom have lengua because the new owners were trying to find a better supplier; this was several years ago though.

The Adams Morgan branch of Tacos Pepitos was sold to new owners who renamed it Super Tacos but changed substantively little with the annoying exception being that they seldom have lengua because the new owners were trying to find a better supplier; this was several years ago though.

Gaithersburg location looked to be closed when I drove by. For lease sign up.

I hadn't been there in ages. But I always liked knowing it was there. Shame on me for not going more often.

The Adams Morgan location is still Super Tacos, and from what I can tell, the 107 E. Diamond Ave. Suite B location in Gaithersburg is still for rent - that's an impossibly small-looking dive; the right side of the building is a Western Union outlet, and Suite B couldn't possibly be much more than a stove and about five feet of customer space inside.

Suite B is between the two red poles on the left side of this shack:

post-2-0-24731600-1438609950_thumb.png