Win An Autographed Copy of Visual Eats, by Enzo Fargione

DonRocks

It's contest time again! :)

I have, sitting next to me, a brand new, hardcover, autographed copy of Visual Eats by Enzo Fargione ($38.69 on Amazon.com), to be given away a week from Friday, March 28th, at 5 PM.

Between now (Monday, March 17th, at 5 PM) and then, every person who posts in the New York City, Philadelphia, and Baltimore forum will receive one "lottery ticket." Everyone who posts in the Professionals and Businesses forum (which requires a 100-word initial posting, or a 50-word follow-up posting accompanied by a real-name signature (see the FAQ)) will receive three, or triple the number of entries. As much as I cherish the Help Needed sub-forum there, it is excluded for the purposes of this particular contest.

There is no limit to the number of entries - if someone wants to post ten times in the Professionals and Businesses forum, they'll get 30 chances to win.

It should be obvious what I'm doing here: promoting the forums I want to see get more posts. As of the cut-off time (3/28 at 5 PM), I will put the virtual "lottery tickets" together into a virtual "fishbowl," and draw the winner using a random-number generator - the same way I always do this.

So, to summarize:

New York, Philadelphia, and Baltimore posts get 1 entry each (please make them substantive to stay within the spirit of this).

Professionals and Businesses posts get 3 entries each.

You'll be helping us out, you'll be helping Enzo out, you'll be helping our readers out, and you'll potentially be helping yourself out: Win-Win-Win-(Win?)

Good luck to all, and I will make sure the book gets delivered to the winner (assuming they live in the DC area) at my own expense. If you've "never won anything in your life," now's your chance ... you have to play to win!

Cheers,

Rocks

Precisely 72 hours and 50 minutes remaining ...

The number of "lottery tickets" so far:

dcs 4

Rovers2000 3 (pulled a triple by posting in Professionals and Businesses)

lperry 2

Mark Slater 2

Steve R. 2

JDawgBBall9 1

JLK 1

Joe H. 1

Waitman 1

The final number of "lottery tickets" that will go into the fishbowl are as follows (if someone could double-check my counting - the posts between 3/17 at 5 PM, and 3/28 at 5 PM (see the rules up above), I'd appreciate it):

dcs 4

Scott Johnston 4

Rovers2000 3

Steve R. 3

lperry 2

Mark Slater 2

daveo 1

destruya 1

JDawgBBall9 1

JLK 1

Joe H. 1

ol_ironstomach 1

Waitman 1

Next Monday, I'm going to have two people - unknown to each other - do the drawing as follows:

1) I'm going to PM one person a list of 24 25 (*) entries, listed randomly, with a number (1 through 25) and a person's name next to it. For example, Rovers2000 will have 3 entries on the list, and the position of each entry will be random (i.e., it won't be alphabetical, or chronological, or in any other type of order).

2) Then, I'm going to have a second person select a random number between 1 and 25, using the generator on random.org, and post the number.

3) Then, when the first person sees that post, they will in turn post the list that I'll have sent them this weekend, and we'll have a winner.

Assuming you trust me not to be in collusion with anyone :lol:, this is about as double-top-secret objective as I can make the drawing.

Good luck to everyone in advance (I obviously did not include my own posts in this drawing.)

---

(*) I double-checked this list, and had accidentally left out daveo when I tallied it - there are 25 entries, not 24.

As of 12:30 PM, March 29th, the list has been randomized and sent out. Person #2 will post a random number on Monday, then Person #1 will post the list I sent, and then we'll have our winner.

Edited by DonRocks

Here it is.....The magic number is 24

I am sure the lucky winner will enjoy the book.

Get ready to laugh out loud and to ponder while remembering great chefs that have given so much to our wonderful Washington over the past 30 years.

One of my favorite chapters is the one about food critics: Chapter 13 Criticism, Opinions and Judgments: The Heavy Hand of the Press where I was able to interview a few food critics and to really understand how they rate restaurants, why they write what they write, how etc etc etc.........quite surprising, as well as Tails of Culinary Road Trips where some of the stories will make you drop your jaw in surprise and amusement.

Enjoy your reading and for any of you whom would like to have a copy signed just send me an email and we can definitely accommodate your request.

Thanks Don for your support......as always!

Enzo Fargione

Here is the list Don previously sent me

From Random.org:

----

There were 25 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

• Joe H.
  • Waitman
  • Destruya
  • Steve R.
  • Scott Johnston
  • dcs
  • daveo