Duxtop Induction Countertop Burner For Sale

DrXmus

Our renovation is done and I don't think I'll use this great burner again. It's a Duxtop Model 8300ST in great shape, as it was only used for about 3 months. From what I read, this brand and model is better than most, so you'll be getting a great piece of equipment. I'm asking $50 for it. You can pick it up from me in Vienna or I can ship it to you if you pay the shipping costs.

On DR.com it doesn't seem fair to make it "first come, first served" (as opposed to Craigslist), so I'll pool the list of people who post or PM me that they want it before 2P on Sunday, April 13, and pick a random winner.

Anyone interested?

Sandy

• Like 1

And the winner is...Ilaine! There were two anonymous bidders (sounds very "Southeby's", doesn't it?) behind the scenes, but the public bidder won!! Congrats, Ilaine. I'll PM you some info.

I took pictures of the three uniform, folded pieces of paper and my drawing of the winner, but I can't figure out how to post them here, so you'll just have to trust me!

This is both fortuitous and exciting.

I want to do some new things to my kitchen, and one of the things is a new stove.  I think ours is circa 1979. when the house was built.  It still works, but with two small electric burners and two large electric burners, it's just too small for events like Thanksgiving.

There is nearest gas line is a block away, and Washington Gas informed me that to run a gas line to our house it would cost about $15 thousand, and that is not counting running lines in the house.  We just got a new fuel oil furnace, a relatively new fuel oil water heater, does it make sense to spend maybe $20 thousand for gas just for the stove, or should we go with induction?

So this will be a perfect opportunity to actually try induction.  I am very glad that you drew my name, Dr. X.

• Like 2

When we were in the planning stages of our remodel, I had an induction cooktop on my wish list. Personally, I'm really happy I didn't get induction in our new kitchen after using it for a few months. I love the idea of it, but after cooking on gas, it seems like a step down. Having said that, I can see some major advantages if you're used to electric cooking. There will be a learning curve to using the induction cooktop, but it didn't take long before I was making my daily egg white omelet almost as well as I did on gas.

Congrats!!!

• Like 1