Dining in Gaithersburg

26 minutes ago, DanielK said:

Ah, that's what went in the old Fu Shing space.

ETA: Just looked it up - holy crap that was about 6 years ago it closed!

I assume Fu Shing just changed ownership, as Yu Zhou kept most of the same wait staff and menu, just added some dishes that skew spicier. I'm more a fan of their Sichuan dishes than the old stuff.

Yu Zhou.... great Sat/Sun small dishes served from the lunch steam table counters.  Lots of choices, many times lots of pointing.  I love the long beans with ground pork, vinegar peanuts, plate of rice-with fried pork/hard boiled egg/pickled greens and gravy (sounds strange...try it), etc.

Be prepared for the owner to be working the register, which slows things down greatly.  He is NOT a multi-tacker and forgets about ringing people up when the phone rings.....

We ended up at Sabai Sabai Thai because it was literally behind the dealership, and it was after 8:00 pm and we were hungry.  But I had a really nice grilled chicken with papaya salad.  Mom had the sabai, sabai noodle special which was delicious and a huge portion, I stole some despite having a large portion of chicken, as well.  Hubby had crispy duck which vanished off his plate before I could steal a bite.  I thought it was pretty good and very convenient for us.