Love Sushi, Japanese and Sushi on Gaither Road in Gaithersburg

At my desk craving sushi and had no idea where to go for take out.  Google search and this place came up.  Website offered lunch special - $9.95 for three rolls.  I'm game so I head over - crazy strip of haphazard stores facing Shady Grove Road on one side, this place around the corner facing Gaither Road.

Ordered yellowtail roll, Philadelphia Roll and Spicy White Tuna roll.  Got some eel nigiri too.

I'm no sushi expert but the fish was fresh, rolls presented nicely and held together well, and the eel nigiri provided generous portions.  I thought the yellowtail roll was kind of small so I'll stick to nigiri yellowtail next time.

Staff was friendly and restaurant area had a few lunch patrons on a rainy day.  I'll go again for sure.

Nancy

I too take advantage of this place for their lunch special, and it really is a good deal.  I do think it's funny that their lunch deal is 2 rolls for $6.50, and 3 rolls for $9.95.  If you do the math, it's actually more expensive to get the 3 roll deal than the 2 roll one, on a per roll basis ($3.25 VS $3.32).

This is my go to sushi lunch place, and Yoyogi is my go to sushi dinner place.  Both serve above average, and most importantly inexpensive, sushi.  You won't get blown away with the quality, but you also won't go hungry afterwards.

Love Sushi is batting 3-for-3 in posts about their lunches, all by experienced members here.

I don't know much about this restaurant, as I've never been. Does someone who's familiar with their dinner offerings have anything to add? And do you know the name of the shopping center it's in? (It's right next door to The Melting Pot.)

Love Sushi is batting 3-for-3 in posts about their lunches, all by experienced members here.

I don't know much about this restaurant, as I've never been. Does someone who's familiar with their dinner offerings have anything to add? And do you know the name of the shopping center it's in? (It's right next door to The Melting Pot.)

Hmmm . . . count me cautiously skeptical whenever I hear that a sushi place is good because the nigiri/maki are "enormous" yet inexpensive.  Value is certainly possible, and laudable -- see, e.g., Sushi Capitol, or Kotobuki seven years ago.  But I, for one, find the Americanized huge rolls and cuts of fish to be, well, kinda gross.

Try it, Marty.

What I meant by "enormous" is that most places who have the "3 rolls for xxx" lunch specials give you get finger-sized rolls that are mostly rice. These are generous-sized rolls with a solid balance of rice/fish, decently vinegared rice, and prepared well. Very friendly.

I still haven't been for dinner, but it is a great bargain at lunch.

Try it, Marty.

What I meant by "enormous" is that most places who have the "3 rolls for xxx" lunch specials give you get finger-sized rolls that are mostly rice. These are generous-sized rolls with a solid balance of rice/fish, decently vinegared rice, and prepared well. Very friendly.

I still haven't been for dinner, but it is a great bargain at lunch.

Based on your rec, Daniel, I will, indeed, try it next time I'm out that way, thanks.