dr.com Private Events at Rose's Luxury and Old Anglers Inn

Rose's Luxury is accepting reservations.  For a larger party.  Well, actually, you're going to need to get a small group of people together since it is designed for 8-10 people.  This is for their  "private luxury roof garden" tables @ $125 for "all you can eat" per person and as much time as you want to spend.  Plus, "booze", tax and tip.  And they "have an awning."  This is a private dining "rooftop" which is designed for eight to ten people.  (You can reserve for two but you'll pay for eight.)

They accept reservations on Monday mornings @ 11:00AM through their website (no phone calls). They are also already booked through May.

I was just going to post this.

If anyone wants to organize a group dinner on the roof, I'm in for two people (weekday only though)

I think a dr.com rental of the Rose's Luxury rooftop would be a wonderful idea, assuming we can come up with 10 people to pay $125 each (remember, it's all-you-can-eat, and for the entire evening.

Also don't forget the fire pit at Old Anglers Inn - Chef Nick Palermo is all over that idea. All we need is a coordinator for each, and we can do both.

Chef Nick Palermo was quick to respond  :)

He suggested a weekday barbecue themed event in the back garden as that area isn't normally open during the week and would be available exclusively for us.  Suggested dates are June 3rd, 5th, 10th or 12th.  He could also apply for a special one-day license to allow folks to bring their own wine, if we would be interested.

Please respond here (or in a separate thread if a moderator wants to move this) with your preference regarding date and if you'd be interested in bringing your own wine.  Chef Nick will have a menu for us soon.

Chef Nick Palermo was quick to respond  :)

He suggested a weekday barbecue themed event in the back garden as that area isn't normally open during the week and would be available exclusively for us.  Suggested dates are June 3rd, 5th, 10th or 12th.  He could also apply for a special one-day license to allow folks to bring their own wine, if we would be interested.

Please respond here (or in a separate thread if a moderator wants to move this) with your preference regarding date and if you'd be interested in bringing your own wine.  Chef Nick will have a menu for us soon.

Yes, he actually wrote me the first day we had this thread up, and said he was (for the moment) deluged, but that he's definitely into it - glad you wrote him, Judi. It will be a great locale for an event, and he probably makes some smoking good (sorry) Q.

Hey all, I think we should set up a BBQ style buffet and we will also have plenty of table space available. We also have seating at the outside bar. I'm thinking pork ribs, pulled pork, brisket, burgers, dogs, corn, salt potatoes, and bbq chicken. We can also do a nice summer salad with grilled vegetables. I won't forget some fried chicken for Don. If there's anything else that you would like to see, feel free to let me know. I think we can put something together for $40 to $50 per person to include food/drink/tax/tip. If that sounds reasonable let me know. Or if its not also let me know.

Cheers,

Nick

• Like 1

Don, could we do one of those polls, like for the Spring Picnic for the Old Angler's Inn?

I could call Rose's Luxury and get dates for attendance for Rose's we could ask that you only vote for a date if you are sure you can commit to it, so we also know if we can meet their minimum number?

I could call Rose's Luxury and get dates for attendance for Rose's we could ask that you only vote for a date if you are sure you can commit to it, so we also know if we can meet their minimum number?

On the Rose's website, it shows which dates are available for the next Monday reservation time.  It looks like they go about 7 weeks out at once.  First, somebody has to be able to get through to get a reservation for 8-10 people for a date.  With Rose's, it really seems that someone has to snag the date first, and then figure out who can go.

On the Rose's website, it shows which dates are available for the next Monday reservation time.  It looks like they go about 7 weeks out at once.  First, somebody has to be able to get through to get a reservation for 8-10 people for a date.  With Rose's, it really seems that someone has to snag the date first, and then figure out who can go.

Yes, I agree. Get a date, and worry about the attendees later. If need be, I'll guarantee 8 people with my own money - that's how sure I am we can get 8 (with a week's notice, please).

I would love to go to Rose's Luxury as this may be the only way I ever go there (a two hour wait is out of the question) and I am leaving the husband out of this because he will complain to the rooftops over $125.

He will cry afterwards but I will let him smell my breath. :P

Prefer that we go before the end of July while I still have my handicap parking pass.

Sadly I cannot make Old Angler's tonight.  just seeing this now and am unable to get out of a work commitment.

I am very much interested in being part of a group that goes to Rose's- providing the date works.  As anyone knows who has tried- it isn't easy to snag this table and impossible to just pick a date that you want.  I will have to watch this board closely in case someone is able to make it happen.

Looking forward to a report back on Old Angler's.  If this can be done again in the future, I am interested.