GWARbar, "Intergalactic Junk Food" on Clay Street in Jackson Ward, Richmond

I got a chance to catch up a bit with Mike Derks last night at Southern Efficiency, though I was too tired to stay for his DJ set at Eat the Rich.

This morning I saw an announcement for working on crowdfunding a GWARbar in Richmond.

I backed it, because of course I would, and hey, I think it'll be a cool idea. If you think so too, you should check out the campaign.

• Like 1

You know what?

Especially given how much individual effort went into the GWAR thread in the Music Forum, the concept of GWARbar is about the damnedest thing I've seen in over nine years running this website.

If I had half a brain, I would start an IndieGoGo for dr.com. Has anyone noticed the Multiple Locations dining guide lately? In about two more hours of work, it's going to be 100% correct, complete, and current for the first time in the history of this website - it will even include all @Twitter addresses. (And getting an assistant to do the work is costing me at least a couple hundred dollars.) This is about 1/1000th of the work that needs to be done here. :( Sorry for the thread hijack, and I know some of these entries need to be replicated into the individual dining guides, but our Multiple Locations guide is now a thing of genuine beauty. :)

• Like 1

Especially given how much individual effort went into the GWAR thread in the Music Forum, the concept of GWARbar is about the damnedest thing I've seen in over nine years running this website.

Is it because of who the band is, or because it is being crowdfunded?

Given that they were the guys who introduced me to hefeweizen, I think a beer bar is a great idea. :D If the latter, how does it differ from, say, Dino's Grotto's crowdfund?