MoMo Chicken + Jazz, Korean Fried Chicken on Cordell Avenue in Bethesda

There's also the fact that if the drumsticks are larger, and they cook them for the same 30 minutes they always have, not only would the extra meat be superfluous, but potentially undercooked as well.  Also - and I'm willing to grant this is baseless speculation - but isn't 'bigger' in the food industry usually just code for 'chemically-enhanced/hormone-juiced?'

if you are craving tiny drumsticks, rest assured, you can go to Momo Chicken + Jazz on Cordell Ave and get 5 measly wings , FOR $15.

We opened the box, looked into it slack-jawed and all felt violated.

• Like 1

if you are craving tiny drumsticks, rest assured, you can go to Momo Chicken + Jazz on Cordell Ave and get 5 measly wings , FOR $15.

"All?!"

How many people split this order, that's what I want to know. The visual of a group of people opening this box is hilarious.

Curious: I've seen some wicked-tempting pictures of fried chicken on your Facebook page - what makes you order out?

Aside from that, Mr. Heineman, how was the jazz?

Their website is still under construction, and no menu on their Facebook page. I hear they're technically still in a soft opening, but still...

Three drumsticks for $9.  Six wings for the same.  And not as good as my memories of BC (it's been a while).  What are the current Bon Chon prices?

Three drumsticks for $9.  Six wings for the same.  And not as good as my memories of BC (it's been a while).  What are the current Bon Chon prices?

They sure as hell aren't $3 per drumstick!

I used to think it was extravagant to pay $12 for a two-piece order of toro sushi; certain things are happening in the restaurant world, price-wise, that have made me reconsider this.

What Howard Schultz did for coffee, others are doing for a whole host of inexpensive food items.

Here are the current Rockville BC prices...

• WINGS
  • Small 10pcs 10.99 / Medium 20pcs 19.99 / Large 30pcs 27.99 / X-Large 40pcs 34.99
  • STRIPS
  • Small 10pcs 10.99 / Medium 20pcs 19.99 / Large 30pcs 27.99 / X-Large 40pcs 34.99
  • DRUMSTICKS
  • Small 5pcs 10.99 / Medium 10pcs 19.99 / Large 15pcs 27.99 / X-Large 20pcs 34.99
  • COMBO
  • Small wings 6pcs + drums 3pcs 11.99
  • Medium wings 10pcs + drums 5pcs 20.99
  • Large wings 15pcs + drums 8pcs 28.99
  • X-Large wings 20pcs + drums 10pcs 35.99

I'd be interested in seeing a size comparison, of course, before drawing any conclusions....

Here are the current Rockville BC prices...

• WINGS
  • STRIPS
  • DRUMSTICKS
  • Small 5pcs 10.99 / Medium 10pcs 19.99 / Large 15pcs 27.99 / X-Large 20pcs 34.99
  • COMBO
  • Small wings 6pcs + drums 3pcs 11.99
  • Medium wings 10pcs + drums 5pcs 20.99
  • Large wings 15pcs + drums 8pcs 28.99
  • X-Large wings 20pcs + drums 10pcs 35.99

I'd be interested in seeing a size comparison, of course, before drawing any conclusions....

[Another example of my moderation style. This will eventually end up in the Bon Chon thread (if I remember to do it), but right now it would be wrong to break the flow of conversation, so it stays put. Interestingly, if I hadn't griped about Bon Chon, this thread might not yet exist.]

"All?!"

How many people split this order, that's what I want to know. The visual of a group of people opening this box is hilarious.

Curious: I've seen some wicked-tempting pictures of fried chicken on your Facebook page - what makes you order out?

There were 4 of us looking to try out/support the new neighbor. We thought we would be getting a bit more food for 15 bucks.

It was kinda like this:

post-2548-0-19553300-1401988597_thumb.jp

Sounds like you got the MoFo chicken instead!

• Like 1

There were 4 of us looking to try out/support the new neighbor. We thought we would be getting a bit more food for 15 bucks.

It was kinda like this:

I had coworkers that went here the other day and they all said the same thing. The little bit of food you get for the money is fine, but the feeling satisfied to price ratio is just CRAP.

I think I will pass for now.