Need A "Chill" Bar Near Logan Circle/U Street On A Friday Night

DanielK

I know it's a tall order. A friend of mine, a former DC resident, is in town for one night only, and asked for a place that a handful (probably 6-8) can meet up for drinks tomorrow after work. And, of course, be able to sit down and hear each other talk.

I can't come up with any place around there that isn't going to be a clusterf*ck. We don't need food, hipster cocktails, or a 200 bottle long beer list, just a place to sit for an hour or two over drinks and catch up.

Any ideas?

I know it's a tall order. A friend of mine, a former DC resident, is in town for one night only, and asked for a place that a handful (probably 6-8) can meet up for drinks tomorrow after work. And, of course, be able to sit down and hear each other talk.

I can't come up with any place around there that isn't going to be a clusterf*ck. We don't need food, hipster cocktails, or a 200 bottle long beer list, just a place to sit for an hour or two over drinks and catch up.

Any ideas?

15 Ria

Ha ha, we posted the same thing at the exact same time.

Then it must be correct!

(And not only does The Saloon meet the criteria of being a chill place to sit and be able to hear yourself talk, but it also has delicious beer and surprisingly good food.  So that's a bonus.)

I would also consider Lincoln.

In the handful of times I've been there when it's busy, I'm not sure that I'd really describe it as a place where you can sit down and hear each other talk.  :)  The acoustics in that space leave something to be desired.

Any ideas?

And? And??

Sorry. In my brain I had already composed this post.

The host overrode suggestions and picked Hank's. It was the opposite of chill. Drinks were fine, food was meh.

You should still check out The Saloon sometime.   :)

Heck, I need to remember to check out The Saloon far more often than I do.