Bon Chon Chicken, a Korean KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) Franchise in Ellicott City

Ellicott City Has been open a little while, they do not have a liquor license yet, but they happily allow BYO

Went and ordered some takeout for football this afternoon: hot wings, soy garlic wings, and soy garlic chicken strips. All of the pieces of chicken were juicy and delicious while the breading was extremely crispy but not greasy. Absolutely delicious way to spend the afternoon. Order took maybe 10-15 minutes to be ready.

There was a survey by the cashier asking customers if they would be interested in the restaurant serving beer/wine/liquor, so they seem open to the idea and are exploring if it will be a wise decision.

They also had a separate sign advertising preorders for Super Bowl Sunday, I'm guessing that would apply to all locations.

I went to the Ellicott City location on Wednesday and they had two extra flavors "on special" in addition to the soy garlic and hot - old bay and honey hot. I don't know if those will be regular additions for just that location, just a temporary experiment, the chain is starting to branch out, the Old Bay will be regional or what, but thought I'd share. They were both exactly what you would expect, the honey hot wasn't as spicy as the regular hot due to the presence of the honey and the Old Bay had your standard dry wing rub.

My order got messed up one time I called in and when to pick up (ellicot city location( they offered us some free strips to compensate. There is no doubt the strips pale in comparison to the wings or drums, especially considering there's no skin, that being said they were plenty tasty. Just a let down compared to the drums

My order got messed up one time I called in and when to pick up (ellicot city location( they offered us some free strips to compensate. There is no doubt the strips pale in comparison to the wings or drums, especially considering there's no skin, that being said they were plenty tasty. Just a let down compared to the drums

They're definitely a better option if you can't wait the half-hour for the wings and drums.

Ate at the Ellicott City location tonight and absolutely loved it. Started with the edamame for the kids and it was a decent size portion for $5. The pajun was a little weird in that it was a LOT of white onions. It was nice and crispy and our son had 1 1/2 slices.

As for the chicken, we got strips for the kids (and the rest of us) in soy garlic and 40 wings split between hot and soy/garlic. Damn these were hot, but it is a nice burn, a very straight heat where you just taste the hot pepper unlike buffalo wings where there's the butter and vinegar. And of course the crispiness lived up to its reputation. I think this is what Hooters fried hot wings wish they could be. The soy garlic has a nice flavor to it, though it's really hard to tell after torching my mouth with the hot wings, though I did have a piece of one of the tenders before the wings came. There was a little too much sweetness for me to the sauce. Would prefer more of a straight soy/garlic flavor, maybe more like bulgogi marinade?

When Pollo Campero came to the area, everyone was raving about how great it was, then when I tried it I was really underwhelmed. This lived up to all the hype and certainly is in a different class of fried chicken.

I don't know what size drums they use since we didn't get any. Sorry.