BelGioso Cheeses - High-End Industrial, Italian-Style Cheeses Produced in Green Bay, Wisconsin Since 1979

I always check the description for that reason.  Sometimes they don't name the supplier, however.  I gamble on a product being good if it was good before, but I don't know if it will be from the same place.

I believe that BelGioiso fresh mozzarella is a recently introduced product, as I've been seeing it prominently displayed, including at Whole Foods.

One of the items that I've bought from them that has been consistently good is honey.  Forgot to mention that before.

BelGioioso has been available in my crappy Giant for years. I don't think it's anything special. Unless I'm confusing it with another product that has a very similar label.

BelGioioso has been available in my crappy Giant for years. I don't think it's anything special. Unless I'm confusing it with another product that has a very similar label.

This is specifically labeled as "fresh" mozzarella.  I thought their stuff in the past was the more processed kind (though once it's wrapped in plastic that way, I find it hard to tell).  I usually think of fresh mozzarella as coming immersed in water, but I'm seeing more and more types packed in plastic with no water that are labeled "fresh."

This is specifically labeled as "fresh" mozzarella.  I thought their stuff in the past was the more processed kind (though once it's wrapped in plastic that way, I find it hard to tell).  I usually think of fresh mozzarella as coming immersed in water, but I'm seeing more and more types packed in plastic with no water that are labeled "fresh."

Thanks (Don?) [Yes:)] for inserting that link.  It might be the prominent placement I've noticed in stores is because they're introduced (or are specifically promoting) the plastic "thermoform" packaged type.  It's interesting to see the difference in ingredients between the water- and non-water-packed types.

Ingredients

Water-pack cups:  Cultured pasteurized milk, enzymes, salt.
Thermoform packages (not packaged in water):  Pasteurized milk, vinegar, enzymes, salt.