Goodies Frozen Custard & Treats - Kiosk at National Harbor With A Vintage Food Truck Too

Goodies Frozen Custard, previously only in the great-looking restored old ice cream truck, Saturday opened a kiosk on American Way. We went there specifically for it, as I had long planned to chase down the truck but hadn't done it yet. Superb custard, and they've got Sprecher's sodas for floats. 

Topic title needs to be updated, as this summer Goodies opened a picture-perfect walk-up location in an old Ice House substation they rehabbed at 200 Commerce Street in Alexandria. Wisconsin-style frozen custard on point as ever. On my recent visit, while I enjoyed both a root beer float with vanilla custard and a peanut butter and vanilla custard shake (OK, excessive but I was celebrating a great-nephew's birth.... and a beautiful day... I asked if they made malts -- nope, but server said he'd make it thicker to mimic a malt somewhat if I'd like -- I did), I saw charming owner Brandon pop down to take an order from a car that pulled up on the street. Hope he doesn't mind me sharing, but I overheard him tell apparently regular customer, no worries, you can pay me next time. 1950's-inspired treats and customer service.

I have no connection to this business other than being a fan.

Goodies Alexandria.jpg

Goodies Ice House.jpg