Fireside Grill, Lorton - American With A Wood-Burning Grill and Flatbreads at 9000 N. Lorton Station Blvd. - Closed

I have eaten at the Fireside Grill a number of times, and I've never been disappointed. It competes for my attention with the very competent Pane e Vino across the street, but Pane e Vino is closed on Mondays....so I stopped in for flat-bread takeout at Fireside Grill.

The highlights of the flat-bread menu are the Margherita and the Chorizo. Both were extremely good, better than any pizza in the general Springfield-Burke-Lorton sprawl. I'm still devouring and licking my fingers. Yum!

The wood-grilled steaks and seafood are also very good here. I have also had the Mixed Grill and the Lamb Chops, and I'll keep coming back (mostly on Mondays). The bar area in the back is nice and tidy, attracting some of the local professional crowd for happy hour.

Brunch List alert -- the buffet is the star of the Lorton area on Sundays. (Notice I left the Springfield area out of this geographic reference because of the sensational dim sum at Golden Hong Kong!).

This little patch of Lorton Station, with its faux Town Center concept, has some decent options for eats. Great Harvest Bread Co. has one of its outposts here as well, as is the credible Lasani Kabob. It's also a foot traffic friendly place, with plenty of parking for guests.

• Like 1