Tubby's, Subs and Fast Food on Coastal Highway and 60th Street in Ocean City - Closed in 2011

Well, I'm off to Ocean City for our annual summer vacation and I was looking forward to all of those good, but bad for you things I love to sample at the beach. I thought a thread sharing our OC beach favs would be fun as most of the food is shlock, but there are lots of junk food and hidden gems.

Here are my favs:

Junk Food
Dumser's Dairyland - great hot fudge sundaes (multiple locations)
Fisher's Popcorn - caramel corn (multiple locations)
Candy Kitchen - good fudge (the Starbucks of OC, one on every corner almost)
Thrasher's - amazing fries (Boardwalk)

Restaurants
Captain's Table - great seafood (downtown near Boardwalk)
Jimmy's Kitchen - breakfast (north, Fenwick Island)
The Hobbit - great lump crabcakes (north in the 90s)
Higgins - crab feasts (133rd and a downtown location)

Not sure why I've never been before, but I'm looking forward to trying the Fractured Prune's made to order donuts (128th and farther downtown too).

What are your favorites?

I used to love the subs and shakes from Tubby's, but the last time I was in Ocean City was in 1997 (crap that was 9 years ago), so they could suck these days.

I used to love the subs and shakes from Tubby's, but the last time I was in Ocean City was in 1997 (crap that was 9 years ago), so they could suck these days.

Tubby's was closed (and torn down) in 2011. There is a Facebook page dedicated to bringing it back in a new location.

Apparently, it opened in 1985 which is, gulp, *after* my time - I remember Billy's and Sonny's, but not Tubby's.