Olive On Main, Owners Nadol and Chris Hishmeh Mediterranean-American Tavern on Main Street in Old Town Laurel

Has anyone been to Olive On Main? The beer list is pretty awesome, the wine list could be better but the food I had was pretty great, we got a platter of falafel and hummus which came with warm grilled pita and was very good and plenty for 6 bucks. Then we had a Greek salad which needs some work both in dressing and ingredients, but for entrees I had the lamb chops(16.95) with two sides, four lamb chops grilled perfect medium and highly marinated and seasoned with olive oil and garlic mashed potatoes and very proper cooked green beans. My lady got a grilled kabob plate with sumac rice and something else I don't recall which she said was very good as well. It was a pretty nice dinner overall. Especially less then a mile from home.

Olive On Main is the first Laurel restaurant that has taken advantage of a new Maryland law which allows liquor licenses within 500 feet of churches.

Here's a bit more about the law which passed the House 135-0, and the Senate 47-0.

Main Street in Laurel has always been quaint, but has also always been very sleepy. I remember just before I moved away, I bought a pound of coffee from a Main Street shop, and the blend was called "Evening In Laurel" - that always struck me as funny, in an Andy Griffith Show kind of way.

As Chris Rock would say ... "Cracker-ass Cracker!" <--- hilarious, un-PC, and NSFW!

I think people in Laurel who are interested in good meals are conditioned to go elsewhere, with a few exceptions.  I often lament what Main Street could/should be but I haven't been to Olive and i live <ten minutes away, so shame on me.

I've been there maybe a half dozen times, while my daughter was in rehearsals or shows at Venus Theatre (a few blocks away) or Laurel Mill Playhouse (next door).

It's fine if you're nearby, but not worth going out of your way for. I think the Mediterranean dishes are much better at Lebanese Taverna, and the wings and burgers are better at the sports bar up the street.

I never got the lamb chops which Justin praised above, so maybe I was ordering the wrong things, but since they couldn't get the cheaper stuff right I wasn't investing in the more expensive entrees.