Pio-Pio (Clarendon) and Pio-Pio Super Chicken (Wheaton) - Pollo a la Brasa

I've had lunch at Pio-Pio in Clarendon twice now, after medical appointments nearby one month apart. Yesterday, I had a quarter chicken, yuca, and spiced cabbage. I've had deep-fried yuca at various Peruvian chicken joints dozens of times, but yesterday was the first time I ever had it right out of the fryer, and oh man was it good, hot, crisp, soft inside (all except for one too-thick piece that wasn't cooked through). The chicken was good too. The spiced cabbage is mostly vinegar-marinated cabbage with a few slices of jalapeno, and is fine, if served up too generously.

I live in the area but never considered Pio Pio (Clarendon) as a place to eat. I see hardly any customers when I walk by. You're braver than me, ;)

Both times I've eaten there, I've been the lone Anglo, and there have been a handful of Latino customers, some of whom seem to be more hanging out than having meals, but the ones having meals seem to be happy. You should give it a try; it requires no bravery. The food is obviously not going to be brilliant at a place like this, but it's very nice.

I live in the area but never considered Pio Pio (Clarendon) as a place to eat. I see hardly any customers when I walk by. You're braver than me, ;)

Its been a while but I've eaten at Pio Pio several times.  It offers "fine" if not the best version of Peruvian Chicken.  Its a reasonable alternative to El Pollo Rico right around the corner and a little less expensive.  If I've been to both about a dozen times total, I didn't detect a huge difference.